Talk

Advanced search

Anyone share my experience? I'm not TTC but after sex the other night had an (unwanted) overwhelming feeling I had just concieved!

(14 Posts)
GutFeelingWrongIHope Sun 16-Aug-09 15:04:43

We are not trying for a baby, I am on the pill, take it religiously.

We have sex quite regularly and I have never had this before.

Pregnancy is quite literally the last thing on my mind, especially at that point in time.

However I found myself as I flopped onto the bed, horrorstruck and mouth gaping, feeling that we had just caused a baby to be concieved.

I cannot explain it, I really cannot. DH looked at me like a loon and I feel like one! But why would I get that feeling when I never have before?

And now I am worried to say the least!

GutFeelingWrongIHope Sun 16-Aug-09 15:05:41

I got a serious sinking feeling in my heart and stomach and just though 'thats one of those baby making shags'

hmm

GutFeelingWrongIHope Wed 19-Aug-09 21:11:39

Anyone?

Am still worried over this.

Heated Wed 19-Aug-09 21:14:08

Had that feeling twice before and both times conceived.

Maybe that feeling is "If I wasn't on the pill, I would have just conceived" grin

GutFeelingWrongIHope Wed 19-Aug-09 21:16:17

I remember the night my first was concieved,

and I'm 90% sure I know when my second was,

my 3rd I have no clue.

With the first 2 its more a case of the 'dates' but slight hint of 'that was the night' kind of thing.

This was full on, hit a big wall, OMG sort of thing.

GutFeelingWrongIHope Wed 19-Aug-09 21:20:11

Were you trying for a baby heated?

Was it an immediate thing after the deed?

jkklpu Wed 19-Aug-09 21:21:41

conception doesn't happen straight away

GutFeelingWrongIHope Wed 19-Aug-09 21:22:49

Err yes I know that,

I mean 'that was the shag that will lead to a baby.'

Heated Wed 19-Aug-09 21:43:26

Yes, we were trying and yes, immediately on both cases. Think some women know when they are at their most fertile and the sex is better then too!

They key thing to remember though is you are on the pill which is 98-99% reliable, so possibly a case of we would probably have conceived then, except for the pill.

Jennylee Fri 21-Aug-09 11:05:55

well I got that feeling last weekend and am now worrying myself stupid about it, breast are burny and tender too but am bf so might explain that, i'm an idiot am meant to be getting the coil on monday, and have a 12 month old so hope it comes to nothing as would not cope but I would if I had too

Jennylee Sun 06-Sep-09 21:39:17

I am pg, wonder if anyone else was?

Northernlurker Sun 06-Sep-09 21:43:10

Well congratulations Jenny - how do you feel about it now?

morethemerrier Sun 06-Sep-09 21:53:35

Hi jenny, yep I knew too! So much so that when I bought the pregnancy test I also bought some folic acid too! Got bfp albeit faint 12dpo! Two days before that was cuddling with my two year old and patted my tum and asked him whats in there then! And like you the day after when we were returning home (weekend away) I told dp he better ask for the baby stuff we leant his brother back! He just laughed! This is our third! One other thing, I have also got a strong feeling that there are two in there! Good luck and here's to a happy healthy pregnancy for everyone! X

Jennylee Mon 07-Sep-09 08:51:58

hi northernlurker and congratulations morethemerrier! this is also my third. I am okay now have accepted it and am happy dd1 will have a little playmate as ds1 who is 10 didn't. Bit of problem with dh he also 'knew' but when we 'found out' on friday he was all for termination then on saturday all for keeping it , then on sunday back to termination - today who knows?
I have even made a gp appointment to discuss, but as I have said on this site that is not going to be happening so I hope dh can deal with it.He says either way it is bad.i guess if he don't like it thats that as we always said if any babies come to us we will have them as we know what they look like and I am sticking with that. People do it all the time or tandem prams would nto exist, I saw lots on saturday and the aprents looked okay they didn't look lke they were suicidal. I have 13 month old you see.and a small 2 bed house. not reasons for termination in my opinion. sorry about the highjack of thread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now