Talk

Advanced search

Help please! PCOS - anyone had late bfp?

(5 Posts)
peju25 Fri 14-Aug-09 19:54:58

hi all
Hope you can give me some advice/reassurance!
ttc 2yrs+ diagnosed PCOS, clomid for 6 months bfn
been ttc natural for 3 months.
usual cycle 33 days - except one of 48 following a 26.
now on cd44. tested on cd38 bfn.
have any of you tested like i have and gone on to get late bfp??
symptoms are only bloated, cramps (not like af) and hungry.
did get af style cramp yesterday morn which stopped after few hours and still no af.
be grateful for any comments.

DottyDot Fri 14-Aug-09 20:05:02

Hmm - not sure to be honest. I've got PCOS and remember testing negative for quite a few days until I got my positive a few days later - I was sure I wasn't pregnant (so much so that I drank a lot of gin and orange at a wedding the weekend before I found out... blush).

I was eventually put on Metformin which I think did the trick - hopefully clomid will bring you a bfp soon! smile

Bubbaloo Sat 15-Aug-09 00:07:28

I have PCOS and am wondering exactly the same.With my 2 other pregnancies I got a bfp straight away,and maybe even a couple of days early.
However,I now haven't had a period since the end of June(apart from a 1 day bleed) and have lots of pregnancy symptoms,which are convincing me that I'm pregnant.I think over the last few weeks I've done around 15 tests which have all come back negative.
I'm still very hmm so went for a blood test yesterday,which I should hopefully have the result to on Monday.
I have heard having PCOS can sometimes play havoc with test results,so it will be interesting to see.
Fingers crossed for yousmile.

peju25 Sat 15-Aug-09 17:09:30

Thanks bubbaloo - let me know how you get on with blood test...i tested this morn (although i do tend to go during night a fair amount!) and it was another BFN.
still no af or any af pain whic i would normally get.
bit annoying coz if im not pg as i suspect i just want af to come so can get on with trying again!! also it is saturday and i got a girlie night out planned!!

Bubbaloo Sat 15-Aug-09 18:13:20

Like you say,it's the not knowing which is more frustrating.We weren't ttc but it seems very odd that I've been having lots of symptoms,which I've only had when pg.
Keep me posted and I'll let you know when I get the resultssmile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now