Talk

Advanced search

Really confused about whats gone on this month - advice please!!!

(10 Posts)
AdelaideJo Wed 12-Aug-09 19:40:05

Hi Everyone,

We're TTC #2 and this month I seem to have totally lost the plot concerning whats occurring and when!

Could someone perhaps tell me what might have gone on as they see it....

CD13, I thought I ovulated, so we made sure there was plenty of BD'ing up to CD18 (which was a monday). Tuesday, Wednesday we did nothing. Thursday I suddenly had a huge glug (sorry if TMI!) of EWCM. No BD'ing though that night or Friday night. Saturday morning (which was by then CD23), I had unbearable right ovarian pain, and was positive I was ovulating. But by that point there was little or no EWCM, in fact hardly any CM at all!?!

My question is....did I actually ovulate on Thursday, in which case perhaps BD'ing Monday night may have been enough...or did I actually ovulate with the accompanying pain on Saturday? I though the EWCM comes alongside the release of an egg?

Sorry for the complicated explanation - when we conceived DS we didn't use any indicators at all - I think I said to myself "Hmm its mid cycle maybe we'll be lucky" hmm

LeeWT Wed 12-Aug-09 21:40:49

hi.. dont really have an answer but didnt want to leave you out on your own waiting!

its so hard to know.. i thought i ovulated on cd16 but got very bad pains on cd18. we bd'd on cd15 and cd16 and i got bfp last week so not sure if that helps. that maybe the egg was released on one date and fertilised on another? absolutely no idea!

Sperm lasts for up to five days in the body so you might be lucky either way! how long is your cycle?

AdelaideJo Thu 13-Aug-09 12:36:42

Hmm well its usually either 28 - 30 days. Thing is, last month i was absolutely positive I was pregnant, but it wasn't to be.

This month, I'm supposed to come on tomorrow but I only ovulated (supposedly) last Saturday, so surely I'm not going to come on? In which case this month, my cycle will be over 35 days or so which is totally abnormal.

God its confusing. Well done on your pfp!!!!!

cyanarasamba Thu 13-Aug-09 14:22:06

I think you can have mucus at any time. Personally I find it hard to distinguish EWCM from any other type. And I am forever noticing twinges/pains etc while TTC.

This month I thought I'd ovulated late for similar reasons to you but AF came on CD25 (normally 28-30 days)! So I have no idea what's going on either.

Hope you get your bfp soon!

LeeWT Thu 13-Aug-09 18:39:54

it could have been implantation pains on cd23 thats usually 6-11 but normally 8 days after ovulation. you could do a test now and know! fingers crossed for you x

AdelaideJo Fri 14-Aug-09 11:36:57

I agree with you Lee about the pains but in truth they were very definately on the right side as opposed to centrally which I would expect with implantation (although i can't recall from last time!).

I'm actually due on today or tomorrow, if i'm going by my normal cycle. Don't feel at all crampy (just a little queasy) but have some peculiar white discharge today which isn't usual.

Seeing as I was so wrong last month though i'm expecting AF this weekend

Can't bring myself to test - its just too depressing when nothing comes up!!

LeeWT Fri 14-Aug-09 19:21:26

well good luck and let us know.. fingers crossed for you.

FYI my implantation pains were all over but ive heard of others say one side!

AdelaideJo Sun 16-Aug-09 10:02:25

Bloody hell its a BFP!! Tested this morning as I had massive period pain yesterday morning on waking but it dissapeared and came to nothing!

Am flummoxed but thrilled obviously. Would love to know exactly when it happened, cd13 or 23. Mainly because I've been using the Calista scope and I had a bit of confusion with it.

If I DID ovulate last weekend (as the scope said), then we have been unbelievably lucky because there was hardly any action (but clearly once is enough!).

pixiestix Sun 16-Aug-09 11:34:42

Congratulations! grin

LeeWT Sun 16-Aug-09 17:34:22

Congrats!!! Have a look on the antenatal forums for babies due April 2010 xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now