Talk

Advanced search

why do people feel the need to tell me when i should have sex?

(10 Posts)
choufleur Wed 12-Aug-09 18:52:26

A few friends know that DH and i are trying for no.2 and seem to have an unbridled need to tell me what day of the month we should be at it.

JJsandcat Wed 12-Aug-09 18:56:39

Ask them: Would you like to step in???

smile

choufleur Wed 12-Aug-09 19:02:35

don't think me and my female friends would make many babies though wink.

Tidey Wed 12-Aug-09 19:05:04

Have you told in them in depth about your cycle? If not, what the heck makes them think they know better than you??

choufleur Wed 12-Aug-09 19:07:49

they know we had problems conceiving DS and had to take clomid. I think they're just trying to be helpful but no they don't know my cycle (i don't really have one - preiods always very irregular) but give handy hints such as "you ovulate 14 days before your period so have sex then" or "i ovulated on day 8 so start trying from then".

it's just irritating from people who found it fairly easy to get pregnant.

Tidey Wed 12-Aug-09 19:11:04

They are just trying to be helpful then, I suppose, but seeing as you've already had some fertility problems, they should probably realise that you already know stuff like that. Can see how you'd find it a bit grating after a while. Good luck and best wishes to you.

skihorse Wed 12-Aug-09 19:56:39

At least you're only being given advice on dates - at the fertility clinic we were asked which hole we were putting it in! grin

choufleur Wed 12-Aug-09 21:29:49

LOL. hope you had the right one ski!

skihorse Thu 13-Aug-09 09:40:10

What? And risk having children? shock wink

choufleur Thu 13-Aug-09 13:11:21

you're on the wrong thread - you need to check out the bumsex thread wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now