Talk

Advanced search

Conceiving a boy. Best position, etc

(20 Posts)
JJsandcat Wed 12-Aug-09 17:30:46

We have a gorgeous little girl but sort of would like a boy & then I'm done. Not bothered if it doesn't happen, just wanted to know your tipps. Anything you found you did differently, heard, etc.

Thank you!

JJsandcat Wed 12-Aug-09 17:31:55

Is it true, it's better to have sex in the last 3 days of ovulation as I heard girls 'happen' in the early days, boys later.

Bleatblurt Wed 12-Aug-09 17:33:38

From personal experience doggy style is a good position for making boys. wink

mousemole Wed 12-Aug-09 18:19:36

butterball is right - doggy style on the day of ovulation and not before. Have 2 ds's conceived this way ! Now trying for DD - any tips ?!

JJsandcat Wed 12-Aug-09 18:41:27

Oh, thanks, I diodn't know. Will get DH to do that. Won't be a hassle grin

MM, for girls, a day before ovulation is good as I heard the first 2 days get you girls. 'tis truth in it I think as the friends I asked (and myself included) did it just a day or 2 or on the same day of ovulation and voila...all girls.

Besides, diet is a factor. Heard boys' swimmers prefer different vaginal 'climate' but need to read more on that.

lovechoc Wed 12-Aug-09 20:44:32

agree with others, doggy is the way to go if you want a DS!

suwoo Wed 12-Aug-09 20:49:14

2 boys here, both conceived in a 'from behind' poition grin

sunangel88 Wed 12-Aug-09 20:54:44

Try this for boy or girl....

http://www.askbaby.com/dr-shettles-conception-method.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki /Shettles_Method

JJsandcat Thu 13-Aug-09 16:48:58

Thanks ladies. Doggy it is then. grin
Dh back tomorrow, can't wait to harass him.

Thanks sunangel, that was what I was looking for!! Perfect! x

mampam Thu 13-Aug-09 16:58:17

Oh my god!! Is that really true? Doggy style??!!

HumphreysCorner Thu 13-Aug-09 17:31:20

Got my 2 girls that way and at OV time. Now due a boy and BD well before OV and not doggy style. Was temping to try for a boy so that we could BD on OV day but nothing happened so after 10 months sent troups in early so they were there when the egg was. The male one must have won the race. smile

Good luck!

smile

mousemole Thu 13-Aug-09 18:13:26

humphreyscorner - just shows that all these 'theories' don't stand true for all !
I'm ttc a girl - normally ovulate on day 14 so have veen bd'ing up to day 12 for 3 months. No BFP for me yet though !

HumphreysCorner Thu 13-Aug-09 21:13:08

So true, I know DD2 was conceived on OV day as we were away in a hotel so she 'should' have been a boy. smile

Good Luck to you too mousemole, it will happen soon. smile

sunangel88 Sat 15-Aug-09 04:08:37

humpreys - aha but did you orgasm to help the poor little male sperm along? ;)

Ladylou83 Sat 15-Aug-09 13:25:17

Dh is loving this thread, he desperatly wants a DS, so has now banned missionary...!

HumphreysCorner Sat 15-Aug-09 18:16:14

Oh yes, afterwards-anything to help the troups along. grin Although, according to Hazel Chesterman-Philips (Choose the sex of your baby the natural way) swears that for a boy you must orgasm before your partner to release more alkaline mucus which favours male sperm. Orgasm after for a girl apparently.

oneopinionatedmother Sat 15-Aug-09 18:20:49

orgasm after partner to conceive girl? no wonder more boys are conceived grin

sunangel88 Mon 17-Aug-09 20:13:04

maybe we need to orgasm both before and after, then you'll get the alkaline mucus and the helping hand for the troups after...!

Alibobster Mon 17-Aug-09 22:02:35

On my back after 3 cocktails - that's the position that got me my darling boy!

rasputin Mon 17-Aug-09 22:09:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now