Talk

Advanced search

In 24 hours I get my impalnt out and we are officially TTC

(9 Posts)
IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Tue 11-Aug-09 10:34:21

I have been soooo broody recently. Although I still swing between absolute horror at the thought of being pregnant again I don't do pregnant very well then one of the dc's does something cute and I get all happy and excited and remember what comes out pf pregnancy...then back to horror when the 2 I already have start trying to kill each other...then back again to joy when they shout "look at us mummy" and they are cuddling each other or dancing arm in arm.

So before I talk myself out if it again the journey starts tomorrow. grin

frazzledgirl Tue 11-Aug-09 10:40:53

Lucky you - I have a scan tonight to find out where my Mirena is, and then a three-month wait to have it removed.

I'm so broody it's untrue... and my best friend's just announced she's pg for the second time (her DD is the same age as my DS). Pleased for her, but wish it was me too sad

Good luck!

mampam Tue 11-Aug-09 10:50:54

Four of my closest friends have had babies in the last year and I feel really left out. It's like they are in some kind of club together that I'm excluded from because I don't have a baby. It's very difficult when we all get together as it's all baby talk.

None of them know that we are TTC.

I sometimes too think that when my DC's are in the process of killing one another "why the hell do I want another one?". I had my DC's with my exH so DH doesn't have any of his own and understandably wants one or two!

Good Luck with TTC! smile

frazzledgirl Tue 11-Aug-09 11:10:51

Excluded? Me too. Which I know is so sad.

Most of my best mummy friends are now on their second, and I'm - playground alert here! - feeling a bit left behind because I so want to be in the same situation.

I thought that passed once you had your first!

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Tue 11-Aug-09 12:09:45

sad oh frazzled why a 3 month wait?

I had my dc's with my ex as well DH does have a son of his own as well but neither of us felt in our previous relationships that our families were complete so we are going for it together.

Hope you both have some good luck soon.

frazzledgirl Tue 11-Aug-09 12:38:32

Removal has to be done under general anaesthetic, so you go on the waiting list for minor surgery.

Hope I see you on the Pregnancy board some time in the next few months! smile

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Tue 11-Aug-09 13:00:10

Do all of them have to come out under GA?
God that puts me off having one.

I thought all the hassle of getting my implant out was bad enough.

I hope so too, hopefully you'll be there very soon after the removal grin

frazzledgirl Tue 11-Aug-09 13:03:01

No, only the ones that escape and go rogue!

My first two were fine - took 30 seconds to remove - and it honestly is a brilliant product. It's just this one that's gone walkabout.

darydork Wed 12-Aug-09 10:50:42

Hi girls, good luck with TTC, this thread caught my eye as ive just had my implant removed 2wks ago to TTC #4 (bit mad i know!)i was so shur my family was complete but im just sooooo broody lately, im feeling very similar to u guys in that some days when they are playing together & all is nice & calm i think how lovely it wud be to have another and then when they are killing eachother & whinging im like 'wot the hell am i thinking!' but just cant shake the broddy feeling so im just biting the bullet and going for it..

INEEDACLEANER.. have you have AF yet since having your implant removed? i was cramping all wkend & was so shur AF was on her way but she didnt arrive & cramping has stopped so duno wots going on now....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now