Talk

Advanced search

Outfoxed by a saliva testing scope!

(4 Posts)
AdelaideJo Mon 10-Aug-09 21:53:45

Hi Ladies

I have this month been 'tricked' by my scope and would love some feedback!

Around CD13, my Calista scope showed a very small patch of ferning, so I assumed it was the right time...we bd'd 2 days prior and then on that day plus frequently afterwards, so far so good.

Imagine my surprise when on Saturday morning just gone, which was CD23, I start having right ovary pain, and upon checking the scope its chock full of ferns!? I'd also got the EWCM on the Thursday (which i assumed was increased CM due to implantation - wrong wrong wrong!).

DP was working and annoyingly didn't return home until 11pm or so..we only managed to do the do twice so what I'm wondering is, WHAT ON EARTH HAS GONE ON with this scope/ovulation/cycle? and do you think its even remotely possible that BD'ing about 12 hours after ovulation occurred (if thats what the ovary cramps were) would have resulted in conception?

Apologies for the complicated storytelling!

MrsMopple Mon 10-Aug-09 21:57:43

I once had ferning early on with Calista and rang them. They told me that lots of things can affect saliva fern patterns, not just ovulation. So food and caffeine can both have an effect. It is supposedly best to do your saliva sample 1st thing, before brushing your teeth or anything. That said, I have had no success using it this time ttc, whereas we got pregnant 3rd month before, so I'm not the best person to give advice!

AdelaideJo Mon 10-Aug-09 22:04:03

Thanks Mrs. M! I actually think owning and using Calista is making TTC harder and it sounds like you aren't best pleased with yours either this time around.

Mind you I never thought I ovulated so near my AF due date - I'm mean't to come on Saturday!?! Oh well.

MrsMopple Mon 10-Aug-09 22:10:42

And the other problem with a late ovulation is that when you start obsessively testing with first response type tests and get negatives, you convince yourself that it's because you ov'd late and therefore compared to someone who ovulates on day 14, your pregnancy is too short to detect on day 23/24/25/26/27/28.
(Or is that just me wink)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now