Talk

Advanced search

Lower cost IVF but still high success clinics?? Any ideas?

(6 Posts)
jus246 Mon 10-Aug-09 20:15:45

Desperate to have IVF, but really going to struggle with costs. Can,t egg share as Im 37. Can anyone recommend a hospital or clinic.preferably in the midlands. Thanks.x

BuckyAndCocktails Mon 10-Aug-09 20:27:40

Not in the Midlands but IVF is much cheaper in Norway. www.scan-health.co.uk/ivf-fertility/.

A lot of people on MN have been there and had good results.

londonlottie Mon 10-Aug-09 21:02:31

Message withdrawn

jus246 Mon 10-Aug-09 22:57:46

Thanks so much for ya advice. I have found a clinic in coventry whoses rates are a lot cheaper than my local care centre but the success rate isnt as high so im not sure what i should do. Its just at 37 i want to try and do it as soon as poss as i know the chances go down the older you are.

londonlottie Mon 10-Aug-09 23:07:41

Message withdrawn

Issy42 Tue 11-Aug-09 00:08:44

NURTURE in Nottingham has fantastic success rates (I think second in the country), takes everyone and is non-profit making, so much cheaper than a lot of UK clinics. Total costs:

One-off:
£145 initial appointment
£120 pre-treatment scan (to determine drug dosage)

Each cycle:
~£750 drugs
£2300 IVF
£220 General anesthetic/sedation
£105 HFEA fee

Didn't pay for any initial blood tests as they send you a letter sugggesting you get your GP to do them, which I duly took to my GP.

If you check out the fertility friends thread you'll see a lot of success stories. NURTURE's website has a full list of other costs (eg ICSI) but I only paid the one's listed above.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now