Talk

Advanced search

Spoke to my clinic today and got the ball rolling on egg share IVF if I'm not up the stick this cycle!

(13 Posts)
OracleInaCoracle Thu 06-Aug-09 19:56:53

OMG, am v excited. DH has had his RAF date bought forward to Jan so spoke to clinic earlier (the sister who deals with it) and she has put me down for a call from cons and counsellor.

This is our last month of clomid and if it doesnt work (which Ive a feeling it hasn't) next month we see cons and start ASAP.

don't know how to feel. am very excited. the odds are good. my response to clomid was excellant and I am a good age, but I was rather hoping it wouldn't come to this. I mean, it may not! but I'm not holding my breath.

NorthernLurker Thu 06-Aug-09 20:03:35

Well at least you've got a plan and you know you're producing eggs. I would think the chances of it working are very good and if this is what it's going to take then that's what it will take iyswim. It's being the family of your dreams that's important, you just get there the best way you can. We'll all have everything crossed for you you know smile

OracleInaCoracle Thu 06-Aug-09 20:08:05

I know. it almost feels like a relief. every month theres the build up, the ritual sex, the panicking that my tubeless side is getting all the glory again, then the let down. the clinic is v good too. they have a v good success rate (and it will only cost us £400, as well as helping someone else)

NorthernLurker Thu 06-Aug-09 20:10:42

I would think it is a relief - you've had such a struggle to this point but if you go down this route it will be sort of like having a whole team with a vested interest in getting you up the duff. There's strength and comfort in numbers isn't there?

OracleInaCoracle Thu 06-Aug-09 20:14:32

there really is. the way i see it now is that we have done everything we can on our own, now its up to them. nurse recognised me and said that with my response to clomid I am the perfect candidate. and as for the implications of egg sharing... well biology doesn't make a parent. I am totally fine with someone else using my egg.

NorthernLurker Thu 06-Aug-09 20:21:01

Yes it's pretty amazing to think you could be helping somebody who wants this as much as you do. Lots and lots of good will coming your way grin

OracleInaCoracle Thu 06-Aug-09 20:30:30

thank you. t'will all be worth it in the end!! grin

cedar12 Fri 07-Aug-09 08:48:56

Hi Lissie, Sounds good about the ivf. I totally understand what you mean about the pressure being off. I have found the ivf a lot less stressful than the years of ttc and failing it felt like at last we could do something about it. It is a wonderful thing you are doing sharing your eggs. Will have everything crossed for you. You never know we might both end up on the same antenatal thread yet! I am just waiting for af so we can do another frozen cycle.

OracleInaCoracle Fri 07-Aug-09 08:57:19

hi cedar, thanks. would be fab if we did end up on same thread. which clinic are you with?

jus246 Sat 08-Aug-09 22:16:44

Lissielou
Do you know what the cut off age is at your clinic? I want to egg share to reduce the IVF costs and to help someone else but my local clinic cut off at 35 and im 37!

OracleInaCoracle Sat 08-Aug-09 22:20:46

mine's 35 too. luckily Im only 31 so have a few years left.

have you tried some of the donor sites or fertility friend?

mummy2olivia Sun 09-Aug-09 07:52:58

Lissie, this is an excellent step forward!!! I have everything crossed for you x I don't know if I am making this up, but did you mention at some point that the clinic has offered clexane when you do get a BFP?

x

OracleInaCoracle Sun 09-Aug-09 08:44:48

thats right, good job i dont have a needle phobia isnt it? wink

how are you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now