Talk

Advanced search

willing egg doner, in return for reduced cost IVF at your clinic,hospital.

(7 Posts)
jus246 Thu 06-Aug-09 19:12:37

myself and my partner are in desperate need for a child of our own but we can,not find the £6000 needed, we have been told if I am a egg doner we could get it done at a reduced rate. This would be great as it would help both us and another family. The only prob is that i am 37 and my local clinic cut off age is 35.Can anyone help me to help you.xx

EHM Fri 07-Aug-09 16:44:58

just wanted to wish you the best of luck-i hope you find some one to help you. Having gone through several attempts of IVF i truly hope things work out for you & your partner.

jus246 Sat 08-Aug-09 21:56:31

Thanks ehm. We are only just starting out on this journey, or trying too! sounds like u a old hand! Where do u go from here?

EHM Sun 09-Aug-09 15:47:06

getting on board 'the baby train' is like an emotional roller coaster. Have you looked at any other clinics-I know age varies in some clinics?
Have you tried advert in press/magazine asking for help?

We didn't donate my eggs so I am not sure which track you follow on your journey. I know there are wonderful people out there who will help you its just finding them. Try this website this was a great sounding board for me & I met a very special lady who I still remain in touch with today.
We also went to this clinic

I hope this info is of some help & good luck.x

EHM Sun 09-Aug-09 15:57:58

try this website too

eleveld Wed 12-Aug-09 10:10:50

Hi

We're just about to start IVF using donated eggs at CARE.

Unfortunately I don't think any private clinic accept eggs from anyone over 36.

I do know that a lot of NHS clinics accept donors up to 40 but I don't know how that could link in with you having treatment privately?? (I assume you can't get NHS treatment?)
Ssorry not much help but just thought I'd tell you what we know - we've been on this path for over a year and are eventually starting it

Good luck

eleveld Wed 12-Aug-09 10:13:42

PS is it worth trying other clinics as £6000 sounds a lot for a standard IVF treatment. Ours is less than that for a treatment with donated eggs which costs a lot more than a normal cycle.

I think the total cost for a normal cycle at CARE (Manchester) is just over £3k (asssuming you don't need any other special treatments. If you need ICSI this adds another £900).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now