Talk

Advanced search

Low progesterone and pregnancy

(3 Posts)
ihavenosecrets Wed 05-Aug-09 09:22:43

We have been ttc no2 for 14 months. Inital blood tests have shown that I have low progesterone and have not ovulated. I was awaiting a follow up with a consultant, the nurse was quite dismissive regarding the low progesterone and said that it may be that the blood tests were carried out too early in my cycle (I have very irregular cycles).

I took a test yesterday because I have what I think was an implantation bleed (exactly the same as when I conceived ds) the test showed a very faint positive. It was very faint but I am convinced I am pregnant, with ds I didn't test positive until I was 8 weeks and I am only just 4 weeks so was only expecting a faint line.

I have read that low progesterone is linked to miscarriage and I am starting to feel anxious. Should I make an appointment with my GP, is there anything she can prescribe me?

TIA

seanybosmummy Wed 05-Aug-09 16:39:56

ihavenosecrets, i don't really have any advice as such, but just didn't want your post to go unread.

What cd were you on when you got your bfp?Try to stay away from google and make an appointment with your gp just to put your mind at ease.

It is possible that the progesterone was low because you weren't tested at the right time. I have heard that happens often with people who have irregular cycles.

Congratulations on your bfp, and good luck!! I hope you have a lovely sticky bean and a very happy, healthy pregnancy.

ihavenosecrets Wed 05-Aug-09 17:19:21

Thanks seanybosmummy. Yesterday I would have been on cd30 but I tested early because I suspected that I had had an implantation bleed.

I've booked an appointment with GP next week and I've scheduled a blood test to check my progesterone levels on Friday. Just worried that they will fob me off as nobody has taken my concerns seriously so far.

I will try to stay away from Google as it leave me feeling very anxious! Thanks for your advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now