Talk

Advanced search

Anyone 'felt' conception occur? And other questions

(23 Posts)
idonthaveaclue Tue 04-Aug-09 14:36:58

BD'd day 9 of 28 day cycle and was left with overwhelming feeling of "that just made a baby". Has anyone ever had that or was it just my imagination?

Also is day 9 too early??? I thought it was (am NOT TTC)

What is the earliest people have had symptoms? I have slight breast tenderness since this morning and nausea when I've been active (after gardening for example) but surely it is far far too early so it's all in my head. (Is now day 14 so stupidly too late for MAP, I should have got my head out of sand to ask these questions earlier...)

idonthaveaclue Tue 04-Aug-09 18:19:54

Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeee!

LuluMaman Tue 04-Aug-09 18:24:58

i take it you would not be pleased?

you cannot feel conception.. it occurs days after the ejaculation. the sperm have to get to the egg first then it has to travel down the tube and implant

9 days should be too early, but you can conceivev any time in your cycle

i would test in a couple of weeks if your period does not arrive

you might be right, you may have had a cosmic moment, or not

juneybean Tue 04-Aug-09 18:26:26

What is BD!?

idonthaveaclue Tue 04-Aug-09 18:36:16

So you don't think I need to panic then Lulumaman?

I could be persuaded to be pleased, DP would not be happy. At all.

BD is a very icky abbreviation for shagging (Baby Dancing)

LuluMaman Tue 04-Aug-09 18:38:01

well the panicing really depends

any time you have unprotected sex you run the risk of pregnancy, the risk is smaller or greater depending on how regular your cycle is, when you ovulate etc

see, sperm can survive for 5 days or so, so you could have sex on day 9, and then an egg is released on day 14 and there are still some swimmers hanging around

i would be panicing, but i absolutely do not want more children and that is why i have a coil

hoops997 Tue 04-Aug-09 18:40:56

idonthaveaclue I'm sure I felt that I had concieved, told DP that we have just made a baby on 11 July he told me to shut up and don't be so stupid.........but 13 days later very faint line on a Tesco cheapie test.......he came straight round with another test for me to do and sure enough there it was.......so that was my cue to tell him 'I told you so.....' he was speechless.......

idonthaveaclue Tue 04-Aug-09 18:41:24

Sob

How have I got to this stage of my life and still not know (properly) how babies are made. I really thought day 9 was a safe day blush

idonthaveaclue Tue 04-Aug-09 19:01:11

Hoops was it just a feeling you had or something more concrete?

Congratulations on your pregnancy (I'm guessing yours was planned?)

hoops997 Tue 04-Aug-09 19:19:34

can't really explain, was a feeling......and yes it is very much planned grin

LuluMaman Tue 04-Aug-09 19:19:48

well on the whole, there are safe days

BUT you need to take a note of your cervical mucus, the position and texture of your cervix, your basal body temperature

you should be ok, in theory. fingers crossed

Neeko Tue 04-Aug-09 20:47:16

I had a strong feeling both first and second time but we WERE trying so others could just say it was wishful thinking. It was 1st cycle both times though 2nd one ended in MC. This time I was temping, mucus checking - the works - and had no inkling so maybe it is a state of mind. I guess time will tell and maybe whatever happens is meant to be. I hope it works out the way you want it to.

idonthaveaclue Wed 05-Aug-09 11:02:05

Ok well I am ovulating today (day 15)- I get night sweats, sharp cramps and spots when I am. Also have egg white mucus. So er, just have to wait and see I suppose

MrsRigby Mon 10-Aug-09 12:37:26

I knew as soon as I had conceived. Sorry, but I did.

It felt like there was a very small mobile phone vibrating inside my tummy.

susue Mon 10-Aug-09 12:50:00

Ditto MrsRigby, with my first, a strange but very wonderful feeling, and I was right!

boodleboot Mon 10-Aug-09 14:34:53

OMG this is really interesting. Me and DH are trying to conceive #3 and we have a bonk on friday night which would have been CD12 where i just thought 'wow, we have absolutely just conceived there....' i thought that i was just being silly and that you can't possibly know that...i wonder if you can? i will post back and let you know if it turns out to be true (AF due 21/8)

don't worry OP.....what ever will be, will be. smile

MrsRigby Mon 10-Aug-09 14:43:19

Congratulations Boodleboot, I think you and dh have just conceived #3.

boodleboot Mon 10-Aug-09 16:19:07

i tell you what *mrs rigby* i will be over the feckin moon if that be the case as this TTC lark is seeing me go slightly bonkers and i'm only cycle 4 past MMC.....crossing every part of me that is crossable for a BFP on the 21st {oh eck....19th then.....we all know i will cave in and test early....grin}

MrsRigby Mon 10-Aug-09 18:02:52

Hopefully you won't be the only one to get a BFP.

My husband and I are TTC #2, but I have PCOS and last time it took us almost 1 and 1/2 years before we conceived DS.

I had my first period in about 2 and 1/2 years, 2 weeks ago. And after having sex the other night, I'm now working myself up thinking I'm pregnant already blush.

boodleboot Mon 10-Aug-09 20:10:17

Why don't you come and join us on a lovely thread that me and some other ladies that are trying to conceive are on.

'Just MC'd. Starting it all again.. Come and join me for the long haul' - is the name of the thread in conception...

lots of us talking ourselves up to a preg and then talking ourselves back after AF smile

a very supportive thread i must say. nice to journey with people too....

LoveBuckets Mon 10-Aug-09 20:16:11

Never felt that but each time was definitely memorable for various reasonsgrin. I conceived on day 10 once (and a boy too which goes against the gender planning theories.) Last time within 2wks I had got quite spotty down the middle of my face and neck which was strange.

moaningminniewhingesagain Mon 10-Aug-09 20:16:22

I never 'knew' when I had conceived, but with DS, DH knew. We were in first month of trying, in March, he rolled off me and said 'there, you'll be off (on Maternity Leave)for Christmas'. Sorry, TMI I know.

When I was a day late he said 'you should be on by now shouldn't you? You're pregnant again.' Bollocks says I. So I did the test...

DS arrived a few days before Christmas!

MrsRigby Mon 10-Aug-09 21:13:49

I think I will join you Boodleboot.

Thanks for the invite grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now