Talk

Advanced search

Planning a baby......

(2 Posts)
melorablack Sun 02-Aug-09 21:50:14

I am 20 next week, getting married in September to my partner of 4 years. We both work, me on around £14000 net per year and him on around £10860 net per year. We live together in a rented 3 bed house (we didn't plan on getting this house...we moved in when OH's mum moved out).

I would really like to have children sooner rather than later because first of all - I want kids and secondly, my mum and my nan both went through the menopause between 35-40 years old and my mum had 10 miscarriages before I was born so waiting too long is not really an option as I feel I may have inherited some of their fertility problems.

I do not drink, smoke or party (in any way) so I would not be bothered at all by the disruptions to your social life a baby can cause ? I?m quite happy with a night in with the TV and the odd trip to the cinema if something good is on.

My OH comes from a big family with lots of younger siblings so he is used to having babies around and looking after them. He has said to me that whenever I want a baby, he wants a baby.

The only thing bothering me is whether I am truly ready...I feel like I will never be able to say "Yes I want it NOW" and be able to plan it.

We have been together 4 years and we haven't had any accidents yet and if I were to get pregnant by accident I would of course be ecstatic but actually planning to get pregnant ? shock

Has anyone else felt like this? Any experiences/thoughts are most welcome...

thisisyesterday Sun 02-Aug-09 21:52:49

i think when you're ready you know you're ready.
you're still plenty young enough to wait a year or so.
if you're not entirely sure why not wait for say, 6 months and then discuss it again. take that time to think about it some more. like you i wasn't really bothered about the disruptions to my life that a baby would cause.
and up until now (4.5 yrs later and oin baby number 3) hadn't really got sentimental for my "old life" so i totally get where you're coming from

as i say though, you have no reason to hurry. wait until you';re married, enjoy being married and just the 2 of you for a bit and then think about it perhaps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now