Talk

Advanced search

How long to ttc after 2 mc before going for investigations?

(5 Posts)
QuietlyTTC Fri 31-Jul-09 08:19:50

I have 2 DC, both conceived quickly with no problems
In the last year I have had 2 mmc

GP tried to refer me for NHS investigations but no appt has been forthcoming
(I know usually you need to have 3 mc first)

It's now 4 mths since the last mmc and I'm wondering how long to give it before going for investigations?
(I will soon be on the wrong side of 35)

Anyone know how long you need to ttc and fail before they will see you on the NHS?

Any idea how much it would cost to go private?

QuietlyTTC Fri 31-Jul-09 18:03:48

bump

monkeybumsmum Sat 01-Aug-09 09:44:12

Hi Quietly,
Sorry to hear about your mmc's sad Not sure I can be of much help as am in Belgium and therefore we have a different medical system. I had two mc's last year and have been ttc again for 6 months now, and have actually just started investigations into what on earth's going on.
Is it worth going back to your GP and asking to be referred again?
Maybe you could call one of the private clinic's and ask how much investigations would cost? I haven't got a clue how much it's costing here, but they do seem to do a 'package' of tests and procedures in order to ascertain what the problem is. I suspect it's offered to everyone that goes there, and if it's a similar system in a UK fertility clinic then they may be able to give you a good idea of the cost.
Good luck, and I hope everything works out for you smile

QuietlyTTC Sat 01-Aug-09 21:55:13

Thanks monkeybumsmum
The GP has sent the referral letter more than once but still no sign of an appt

I don't think they package the costs in the UK and it generally costs about £150-200 per consultant appt

QuietlyTTC Tue 11-Aug-09 16:08:41

quiet bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now