Talk

Advanced search

New to this and very confused.

(9 Posts)
chelsk Thu 30-Jul-09 08:13:02

Hi guys,

I'm new to this and I'm extremely confused.

Last AF was June 18th and as I was away from hubby, on return (about June 28th) was all over hubby.

Now AF hasn't come. I've had cramps since last Saturday night, exhausted (slept for 4 hours on Sunday afternoon and still went to bed at 10pm!), nauseous, extra saliva and my boobs hurt terribly - feel like they're full of lead and have purple/blue veins appearing on them!

Yesterday I had 3 meals before 5pm - which is rare for me! Normally I only eat twice a day!

Last night all I could smell was Panadol (I don't even know!) and it made me feel ill. I even threw up - not much though.

Taken two preg tests, both neg. Know when my mum was preg with me, she only got neg results and finally found out she was preg at 4 months!

Am I losing my mind or am I pregnant? Trying to get an appointment to see Dr on Sat...

(Sorry if this post is slightly long-winded! grin )

londonlexi Thu 30-Jul-09 09:32:33

Certainly does sound as if you are, i guess you've just got to keep on testing. The Clearblue digital tests seem to be highly thought of on mn. It's expensive though isn't it!

chelsk Thu 30-Jul-09 09:55:51

Hey Londonlexi,
I'm not in England - am in South Africa and the preg tests I got looked cheap...
Hubby's trying to get a dr's appointment for Sat to do a blood test.
Fingers crossed!!!

babyboom1979 Thu 30-Jul-09 14:16:52

Hi Chelsk.....How long are your cycles? If you are well beyond your period due date and you are testing negative, then the liklihood that you are pregnant is quite low. This is because by now your body would have begun producing HSG to turn a test positive.

My aunt had a smilar thing happen to her as your mother but it is worth keeping in mind that several decades ago pregnancy tests were not what they are today. Even the cheap ones one can get over the counter are much more accurate then what a generation ago would have been using.

However, if you are just past your period due date then there is a posibility that you are pregnant. Test again in 24-48hrs. And definitely confirm with doctor. These symptoms sound very promising!!

Best of luck!

chelsk Thu 30-Jul-09 16:14:15

Hi Babyboom,

My cycles are 27-29 days, I'm never late and I don't cramp during PMS, only on the first day of AF.

I calculate I should have got my period around the 16th or so... I also found out when my sister was pregnant (10 years ago), she also kept getting negative results with HPT.

Anyway, we managed to get an appointment this evening for blood work, so we're going... so I'll have an answer before the end of the night.

But fingers crossed.

LeeWT Thu 30-Jul-09 18:21:47

good luck chelsk my fingers are crossed for you.

im the same i usually only get cramps first day of aunt flo but am crippled with them a couple of days early. did test today but BFN sad

keep us updated good luck!

xxx

babyboom1979 Thu 30-Jul-09 18:24:58

Fingers crossed!!

Bubbaloo Thu 30-Jul-09 20:31:39

I'm also the same too-having lots of 'symptoms'but have also done lots of tests,with a negative result.
Fingers crossed for youwink.

proudestmummyever Thu 30-Jul-09 20:49:11

I too am going thru the same...weird, no period but 12 days late, never ths late

And neg HPT's, how did u gt on ChelsK? xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now