Talk

Advanced search

Right am on countdown to TTC what do I need to do ?

(10 Posts)
nymphadora Wed 22-Jul-09 21:20:00

Ob stop taking pill and need to change my BP meds but anything else?

Pinner35 Wed 22-Jul-09 21:23:15

Hi there....i am on countdown too. I would also suggest stopping (or at least cutting down alcohol) and if you smoke then stop. Ditto for your DH/DP. I am also taking the sanatogen multi-vits. Umm, I can't think of anything else. When are you hoping to start?

Hobnob76 Wed 22-Jul-09 23:14:40

You should start taking folic acid for 3 months before you plan to TTC too

Pinner35 Thu 23-Jul-09 18:13:29

Yes, I should have said the Sanatogen pro-natal supplement which includes folic acid.

cloudydaze Fri 24-Jul-09 07:32:31

You should go & see the GP/Nurse & check that you have immunity to German Measles - though if you don't have the immunity they need to immunise/reimmunise you which can mean a 3 month wait to start TTC. Also as mentioned, folic acid few months before TTC.

Picante Fri 24-Jul-09 07:35:13

Chill out for a few months and try not to let it take over your life!

InTheZenGarden Fri 24-Jul-09 07:51:17

Enjoy the things you may be cutting out when ttc/pregnant - for me that was brie, stilton, red wine and hot hot baths!!

And as Picante said, chill out and enjoy yourself. I truly hope it doesn't take you long to conceive, but it can become all-consuming - enjoy not thinking about it now!

Oh, and try to get fit/stay fit. It's very hard to do that once you are pregnant, it really helps if you have a good level of fitness to begin with. I didn't with DD and found pg/labour quite hard (though have no idea how easier it may have been if I was fitter!!) and have started jogging now, going to try for DC2 in a few months

Good luck .

nymphadora Fri 24-Jul-09 21:54:57

October.

Fitness is a big issue as I can dovery little atm due to knee injury and am really feeling it now!

nymphadora Fri 24-Jul-09 21:55:34

Never TTc before blush

Not sure if that bodes well or not!

nattiecake Tue 28-Jul-09 18:35:47

im with you nymph, i've never tried before and am looking to soon. my last pill is tomorrow and then i'm hoping to start in november, once all the hormone is out of my system.

im eating super-healthily and going to the gym, my folic acid will be here with my shopping tomorrow, and im putting every spare penny towards paying off my credit cards. as i said to my dearest OH, i dont want there to be anything anyone saying im not ready and being able to say i haven't thought of, lol

need to arrange for bloods and STI, am already due a smear, and have told OH he needs to have the dreaded STI "umbrella" test, just in case (plus it makes me feel a little better about labour pain... very selfish of me, hehe!).

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now