Talk

Advanced search

Trying not to feel disheartened

(7 Posts)
Zoomum Wed 22-Jul-09 14:33:28

Hello,

I wondered does anyone have experience and/or advice that might help me in my situation. At the moment, have been TTC for about a year, though I was breastfeeding once a day up until December when my DS was 18 mths old. I stopped because I thought it might be stopping me conceiving, (though I've heard some people can get pregnant fully breastfeeding).

Anyway....I have now been having fertility investigations. It was found that I had Polycystic ovaries, but I have none of the syndrome (not overweight, don't have acne and not hairy). Bloodtests have shown that my hormone levels are all normal and the fertility doctor I was referred to, does not think the polycystic thing is significant. Apparently loads of women have them.

My DH had a sperm test, all normal, 'consistent with natural conception'. I have had cycle monitoring which show that I do ovulate, blood tests which are all normal and show that I ovulated. Finally I had an HSG to xray my uterus, this showed that i had no obstacles in my fallopian tubes. But does anyone know if the HSG shows whether there has been any scarring due to casarean section (DS born by emergency caesarean). Also does HSG show scarring in or around the fallopian tubes. I know I sound neurotic, I am just trying to investigate every possibility.

Also where could I go from here. If I still do not get pregnant, is Clomid a possibility? I will get a chance to ask all these questions to the doctor but just wondered if anyone knew anything at all. Trying not to get dishearted and negative about TTC...it's just I am an only child and believe so strongly that I want DS to have a sibling. I think it's so important...

Help....and thanks

stuckLM Wed 22-Jul-09 14:50:33

hi zoomum me and my partner have been trying to conceive for two years its sometimes just takes a while. i dont think scaring shows up on x ray it will show up structural problems such as kinks in the tube. when i had an ectopic they found loads of sacr tissue by a laproscopy it mite be that this is the next step to give me a more conclusive diagnoses. clomid would be an option if ypur tubes were clear and not blocked all anything. you need to talk to ur doctor hmm

Zoomum Wed 22-Jul-09 15:14:04

Thanks ever so much, maybe what I need to do is request a laproscopy....

Angelfifi Wed 22-Jul-09 15:21:26

We have bee ttc for a year now and am getting disheartend myself, i had a cp last sept and then when i was 12 weeks had a mc in march, feeling a bit low about it all, wondering if it will ever happen. sad

sobloodystupid Wed 22-Jul-09 15:21:28

If you are into alternative therapies at all, I would recommend acupuncture. I really think it helped me conceive,like you it took us over a year...

HeadFairy Wed 22-Jul-09 15:23:59

zoomum, I had an hsg to investigate subfertility and I was told I had no scarring, so I'm assuming they would have been able to see scarring if there had been any.

Zoomum Wed 22-Jul-09 17:05:31

That's reassuring, I guess if they had seen anything untoward they would say something. Will try acupuncture for sure ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now