Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

late period, all the symptoms but negative hpt

(6 Posts)
mousemole Sat 18-Jul-09 19:40:42

My cycle is normally 28 days, and occasionally, say 1 in 5 months, 30 days. This month I ovulated on day 14/15. Have been TTC dc3 for the last couple of months. Since day 21 I have had swollen boobs, larger nipples and nausea. Did a pregnancy test on day 28 and it was negative and again today, day 30 and it was negative. With my 2 other dc I had all the same symptoms but a BFP on day 26.
Now I am stressed I am pregnant but something is wrong ? Have had a couple of twinges in my left ovary area and am worried it is an ectopic pregnancy. Would that give a + or - hpt reading ? What's the latest anyone had tested and got a + and was it later than with your other pregnancies ? Thank you

georgi101 Sat 18-Jul-09 20:30:41

Hi i dont think i can help much but saw you had posted a question with no reply and i hate that, i never get a reply for some reason. I have 2 children and have been told both times to do a test 2 to 3 weeks after unprotected sex in which you think you may have concieved, It can normally be shown on a test by 3 weeks but to tell you the truth it all depends on how much hcg you have in your urine. i did not find out with my son until i was 10 weeks because i didnt have a lot of hgc in my urine. But you can get tests on ebay for really cheap (ligit) or in cheap stores like home bargains they are 89p each i think. If i was you i would buy a load of them and do 2 a week for the next 2 weeks maybe. good luck

mousemole Sat 18-Jul-09 20:43:17

thanks Georgi101, i have been waiting for a reply as desperate to hear from someone with similar experience smile. Thanks for the tips on the cheap tests. Assuming Af doesn't arrive soon then I will get a load in. Maybe my hcg levels aren't high yet, but that is the strange bit given they must have been really high with both ds's to get a + on day 25. Maybe it's a dd this time !grin. Thanks again for the info.

mousemole Sun 19-Jul-09 10:14:21

bump, anyone...

ReneRusso Sun 19-Jul-09 11:40:38

Ectopic would still give you a +ve hpt. With an ectopic the hgc levels would then not rise as quickly as they should over the coming weeks but you would still get BFP to start with. And a twinge in your ovary is normal probably not a sign of ectopic. Ectopic pain would be severe and would probably not start for a few weeks into the pregnancy. Try not to worry, and test again in a couple of days.

mousemole Sun 19-Jul-09 12:35:15

thanks renerusso that is useful info. Still no Af so on dh's request I am going to lay off the hpt's for a few days !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now