Talk

Advanced search

weird miscarrage @5/6 weeks.

(25 Posts)
tom57 Sat 18-Jul-09 12:26:06

Im 40 years old with a ten year old daughter,recently recovering from M.E.,tried to get preg for couple of years.Low sperm count not helped but we did manage it last month. ever since I conceived have had classic lower back pains and cramping plus complete exhaustion,this did follow flu so put it down to that.Did preg test-positive on tue,that eve stood up and had what seemed like massive blood loss,big clots[sorry to be graffic]but no pain.That stopped very quickly and did not happen again until yesterday,again same blood loss but no bleeding inbetween,however if I stand up or try to do anything cramping starts again[not easy with an energetic daughter on holiday]I assumed I had miscarried so am surprised to still cramp when stood up,not to be bleeding apart from two episodes and to still be so exhausted.any advice greatly appreciated.X

OracleInaCoracle Sat 18-Jul-09 12:28:30

have you done another HPT?

tom57 Sat 18-Jul-09 14:25:32

No not done any yet.

tom57 Sat 18-Jul-09 14:27:05

sorry confused there.Just assumed hormones in system might give false reading,so not tried again

OracleInaCoracle Sat 18-Jul-09 19:07:53

its entirely possible that you havent mc'd. i bled from 5w-20w with ds. my advice would be to take another hpt and if you get a bfp call epu. you will need to rule out various things and possibly an early scan. good luck!!

tom57 Sat 18-Jul-09 21:01:19

Thanks lissielou will do test in morning.not sure what bfp is but get the gist.not going to get too hopeful but as twins in familiy did cross my mind could have lost one as poss explanation.-previously lost twins at 10 wks but had d and c so different.

OracleInaCoracle Sat 18-Jul-09 21:03:23

i am sorry i know how tough it is, had several mc's myself, and often its the not knowing that hurts. wishing you lots of luck (in fact would ring epu anyway tbh)

ps, a BFP is a positive test. smile

tom57 Sat 18-Jul-09 21:28:25

X

lal123 Sat 18-Jul-09 21:30:25

hormones do stay in your system for a while after a mc - so another bfp does not necessarily mena you have not mced - sorry. Might be worth giving you EPU a call?

tom57 Sun 19-Jul-09 09:45:40

strong positive,would have thought at least a fainter line by now.will get app for mon-can't put off any longer.def have hospital avoidance syndrome.

ilovesprouts Sun 19-Jul-09 09:56:58

my dd just had her 2nd mc going to epu this morning for a scan sad

OracleInaCoracle Sun 19-Jul-09 12:13:49

right, call NHS direct now, they will be able to get you a scan ASAP. they need to rule out an EP.hoping that this is a sticky bean!!

belgo Sun 19-Jul-09 12:28:35

Hello Tom57 again, I would reiterate my advice on your other thread about seeing a doctor, because as LissieLou says, you need to rule out an EP.

Who knows, maybe all is not lost.

tom57 Mon 20-Jul-09 16:22:27

def not EP took all advice-eventually!Got bloods done last night,phone call this am to say bloods really high am I sure on dates.[which I am]so had scan this am shows still preg and large blood clot which may or may not come away-starting to think it was twins and maybe lost one.Got to wait two weeks for scan to detect heartbeat still cramping and spotting so its going to feel like forever.very like when I lost twins previously no heartbeat on that follow up scan so trying not to get too excited.It's hard to believe it will turn out well,it feels like if I stand up or do too much I will miscarry and resting will only prolong the inevitable.Thanks for all advice.

OracleInaCoracle Mon 20-Jul-09 16:39:53

any news?

OracleInaCoracle Mon 20-Jul-09 16:41:53

xpost, thats the best news that you can hope for really. why can they not scan you now? if you are about 6w then they should see a heartbeat!

juuule Mon 20-Jul-09 16:59:53

Lissie, Toms had a scan this morning.

thefatladyscreams Mon 20-Jul-09 17:13:05

Tom57 - good luck for the next two weeks.

OracleInaCoracle Mon 20-Jul-09 17:24:30

sorry blush

tom57 Mon 20-Jul-09 17:29:19

they did a scan and could see the sac?did cross my mind lissielou but as I'm 5 weeks 3days I got the impression it was too early.must concentrate more and ask relevant questions.

OracleInaCoracle Mon 20-Jul-09 17:45:49

ah, 5w 3d is just that bit too early. sorrry, must engage brain when reading threads!

belgo Mon 20-Jul-09 17:49:35

Thanks for updating us. I'm glad it wasn't an ectopic pregnancy. Good luck, I hope in a couple of weeks the pregnancy will be going well.

thefatladyscreams Mon 20-Jul-09 17:53:39

tom57 - just a thought but maybe it could be a subchronic hematoma where the outlook can be fine?

I know you have a history of twins but just another possibility (sorry if this only adds to your confusion but I just thought it was a less upsetting option than you've lost a twin)

tom57 Mon 20-Jul-09 19:59:59

thanks for all kind words, trying to take a what will be will be approach-not altogether successfully.will keep you posted.X

tom57 Mon 03-Aug-09 16:58:05

Had scan today, baby had grown but no heartbeat and is surrounded by hematoma,no chance of continuing,but legally they can't terminate it until another scan next week...thanks alot for all your help it really was a lifeline to me.X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now