Talk

Advanced search

TTC while breastfeeding.

(3 Posts)
Divvy Fri 17-Jul-09 15:19:58

Not at the same time obviously! wink

Anyone else TTC and breastfeeding?

I am feeling a bit hmm about it all now. I am still feeding my nearly 12 month old around 5-8 times in 24 hours, but my periods did return at 6 weeks due to him sleeping through from early weeks till 5 months old.

I feel they have only become regular in the last 5 months, with at first having a short luteal phase, but it is now 13 days, so thats good isnt it?

Do you think I am still feeding too much to be able to fall pregnant?

Just about to start cycle#5 but did fall on cycle #2 but ended up with a late period, could that have been because I am breastfeeding?

I am using OPK's and getting positive tests at the right time of the month, with the right kind of cm in the days leading up to ovulation.

sweetnitanitro Fri 17-Jul-09 17:17:18

Me! grin well we are not officially TTC yet but we are not using any protection and 'seeing what happens'. I am taking vitamins just in case I do get pregnant.

I only have the one child atm (9 mo dd) and she is feeding I would say around 4-5 times a day. I got my period back when she was about 9 weeks old but they have been really light so I don't know if they are proper periods. They used to be really heavy and painful before she came along but I've been told it's normal for them to change.

I would have thought if you were having periods then that would be enough? I'm a bit confused by it all tbh. Good luck with it anyway!

rockinghertosleep Fri 17-Jul-09 17:26:24

Me too! I'm still feeding my 18mo milk monster an avg of 5-6x every 24 hours... Have also just started the vitamins again, in case. Last month we weren't officially TTC, but weren't doing anything to prevent it and had upped the frequency (by about 5x our post-birth norm!), but with no luck. This month I'm taking it a bit more seriously, but I'm down and out with a nasty virus/asthma thingy right now. I actually posted on the the BF topic about my fears of needing to cut back on feeds. But the lovely ladies there seem to think it shouldn't be a problem!

Good luck anyway! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now