Talk

Advanced search

Bloody sodding coil won't come out grrrrrr

(10 Posts)
frazzledgirl Thu 16-Jul-09 13:14:14

The thing went walkabout last year (still in, according to scan).

I want to start TTCing our second, so went along to nurse today. She couldn't get it out.

Next step: on Monday, doc will clamp me open (without anaesthetic, nice) and try.

Next step after that: hospital under GA.

Not the best day ever. Sigh.

fifisboys Thu 16-Jul-09 15:51:00

I recently had my coil removed and was expecting to go through similar to that..

I went in and typically in the waiting room af had started spotting..got in to see nurse and she couldnt find the strings..said that they do tuck inside you at times and that i would need to go back after af had finished...possibility of doctor to clamp open etc....
went back 5 days later and they managed to find the strings and take it out with no clamp..
I didnt realise that it could go walkabouts i though it was stuck there blush

Trying4Baby1 Fri 17-Jul-09 21:14:12

I know someone whos coil went missing and they only found out when she fell pregnant.

frazzledgirl Fri 17-Jul-09 22:00:24

Really? If it had fallen out that would solve a few problems! According to last year's scan it was still in, though (when the strings first couldn't be found).

And obviously I haven't got pg or had a period, so pretty sure it's still there.

More's the pity...

Keep your fingers crossed for me that the clamping works on monday - really don't want a GA if I can avoid it.

Trying4Baby1 Fri 17-Jul-09 22:05:49

Well hopefully you're licky like fifi and everything goes fine! Don't worry it'll all be worth it when you can start TTC. Good luck for Monday!

Trying4Baby1 Fri 17-Jul-09 22:13:28

Sorry supposed to be lucky not licky!! Just sounds a bit perverted doesn't it! OOps.

frazzledgirl Fri 17-Jul-09 22:21:13

I know what you meant! Thanks will update on monday smile

frazzledgirl Mon 20-Jul-09 19:10:22

Just back from doctor. Mirena still in.

She had (I quote) "a good poke about" - enough to make me bleed a bit - and still nothing.

So it has to be removal under GA.

I am not crazy about the idea of that, but the thing that's really upset me is it might take three months to get an appointment. sad I so wanted to start trying and this has been going on for a month or so already. Could cry.

Trying4Baby1 Wed 22-Jul-09 18:41:32

Hi frazzled sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble with your coil. At least once it's out you don't have to worry about it any more and can just get on with TTC. Let the BD begin!

HeadFairy Wed 22-Jul-09 18:43:11

Frazzled, that's rotten! how frustrating when you want to start ttc.

<shudder> at the doc having a good poke about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now