Talk

Advanced search

FR gave BFP on Monday, FR gave BFN today... has anyone had a similar experience??

(13 Posts)
LuckyPants Wed 15-Jul-09 19:33:42

Lunchtime wee on Monday gave very faint BFP, FMU today gave BFN. Rang the First Response helpline and they were very surprised as tests were the same batch (from a 2 pack). Period was due on Monday, still no period today.

Was not getting my hopes up on Monday having had 2 mc and a cp in last 8 months, but still feel very disappointed and feel that period is probably coming.

My lucky pants were obviously not working today

Scorps Wed 15-Jul-09 19:36:41

Similar happened to me, same two tests from same pack - BFP after a few mins with one - (and 2 boots tests)a few days later negative, and then i bled, i think early miscarriage. sad

Was it a BFP in the time limit?

LuckyPants Wed 15-Jul-09 19:39:25

Thanks for answering. Yup, it was very faint, but definitely there, within the 3 minutes. Today, no matter how hard I squinted I couldn't kid myself there was a line

Sorry to hear about your early mc. How soon did it happen after the BFN?

Scorps Wed 15-Jul-09 19:44:23

Umm, i got BFP on Wednesday, Thursday. (faint but there for sure). BFN Monday and started bleeding tuesday, but i felt an 'off' switch on the saturday iyswim. (it was my fourth pg, i'm used to pg symptoms and felt the off switch iyswim).

I got pg 6 weeks later and am now 17 weeks, so chin up.

LuckyPants Wed 15-Jul-09 19:47:34

Am 41, so time is not on my side

Scorps Wed 15-Jul-09 19:50:27

I know it's all very sad, its a horrid horrid thing to happen sad. Is this trying for your first?

LuckyPants Wed 15-Jul-09 21:07:43

No, am really, really lucky to have the ones I've got, and if it doesn't happen, then it would be OK, but would like one last child.

FR helpline said they'd send me a free replacement as was so unusual, so will hopefully get that by Friday and will test again then, if no period.

babyboom1979 Wed 15-Jul-09 21:21:45

So sorry luckypants.......same happenned to me. Had a BFP day period was due and 7 days later a BFN with arrival of late period. It was a classical chemical pregnancy. Very frustrating and sad as one gets quickly attached to the little bean even after such a short while. Best of luck for next time.

LuckyPants Wed 15-Jul-09 21:31:21

Thanks for your message Babyboom. So it sounds like that really is it? just got to wait for delayed period?

Is this what you are all saying? Bugger, then that's two mc (11 weeks and 6 weeks) and 2 wretched chemical pregnancies. And I didn't even test early, I waited til day period was due.

Part of me thinks you're both wrong and I am preg (as no period), but I guess FR are very reliable. Confused, but won't be really upset until another negative on Fri... or period arrives.

Thanks for the responses [feeling sorry for myself emoticon]

babyboom1979 Wed 15-Jul-09 21:57:39

Is there any way that you can get the Clearblue digital to test? I have found it more sensitive than FR and certainly more definitive. Keeping fingers crossed for you....

LuckyPants Wed 15-Jul-09 22:04:17

Really? is it more sensitive than FR? Have never used one as SO expensive, but love the look of them. Would love to know your experience of CB digi compared to the FR?

LuckyPants Wed 15-Jul-09 22:06:49

Oh Bo!!ox, am going to try one of my ebay cheapies that are upstairs, will either do it tonight or in the morning. Don't mind getting negatives on them as have usually been v v faint, even some way into the preg, and they are so cheap!

Thanks for support x

babyboom1979 Wed 15-Jul-09 22:50:57

Well I have gotten a BFP on Clearblue before it appeared on FR so I presume it's sligtly more sensitive.

Also, if you are pregnant, it tells you how far along you are (i.e. Pregnant 1-2 weeks). I like it because it takes away all the guessing and squinting!

I know what you mean about price -- it is expensive but sometimes worth the peace of mind.

Keep us posted....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now