Talk

Advanced search

Stopped the pill and confused about ovulation/fertile times of month??!

(2 Posts)
Pippinn Wed 15-Jul-09 12:52:59

I'm hoping someone on here is more clued up than me and can give me some advice -

I came off the pill at the end of June with a view to starting TTC DC#2 in the new year (although if it happened sooner that would be ok). We have been careful to make sure DH 'finishes off' (TMI sorry blush ) outside of me apart from once but this was the day after my period finished so should be a safe time I think.

I got pregnant with DS1 the first month off the pill last time so haven't got a clue about the length of my cycles etc but am now wondering whether ovulation takes place sooner than normal after stopping the pill due to fertility surge I've been reading about...??! It's all very confusing - I was just trying to work out when to avoid dtd this month but it's made more confusing by the fact that my 'period' doesn't really count but is just a 'withdrawal bleed' from stopping the pill so I haven't got a bloody clue - anyone any wiser?

whomovedmychocolate Thu 16-Jul-09 08:21:27

It doesn't change the time of ovulation but your hormone levels do surge which makes the uterus more hospitable to sperm and you are more likely to conceive.

NB 'finishing off' outside will not stop you getting pregnant.

Ovulation is generally ten days before your period or there abouts. Just have sex every two days and you'll be grand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now