Talk

Advanced search

Exercise while TTC?

(7 Posts)
idealcamel Tue 14-Jul-09 13:57:18

I keep reading contradictory things about exercise and pregnancy and I'm hoping you knowledgeable ladies will have some answers (or at least manage to convince me that any potential baby will not fall out of my fango if I run too fast!).

I used to head to the gym four or five times a week, but since coming off the pill I've found that I manage a couple of weeks of decent exercise, get past ovulation and then fail to go to the gym for two weeks. Any ideas how to keep exercising during the 2WW much appreciated - even silly ones!

skihorse Tue 14-Jul-09 14:32:47

camel
1. because you don't want to be wearing maternity wear before you have a bump! wink
2. exercise is good for your soul & relieves stress

If you're worried that your fango can't take it - what about tighter knickers? grin

Seriously - I can't think of anything worse for my baby than me sitting on the sofa for 8.5 months eating hob-nobs and verbally assaulting my OH.

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Tue 14-Jul-09 14:39:43

just exercise as normal. honestly, a healthy pregnancy will not be affected by you going to the gym.

idealcamel Tue 14-Jul-09 15:02:35

Excellent. Tighter knickers it is! Rationally, I know I'm being stupid. But irrationally, I keep giving up on normality during the 2WW. I'm not good at gentle exercise, but I think that might be the way forward.

Any suggestions for fun, gym-based cardio?

skihorse Tue 14-Jul-09 15:16:10

I'm a treadmill intervals whore - the x-trainer makes my eyes bleed from boredom, I cycle 10 miles a day normally and I can't do the classes because I'm an unco-ordinated spaz.

I do Body Pump though and Combat is OK. Can't go wrong with yoga eh? It involves a lot of "lying down"! wink

idealcamel Tue 14-Jul-09 15:24:35

That's the problem! I loves me some intervals but I keep turning puce and wondering if overheating is a Bad Thing.

Bloody hell, though, ski. 10 miles a day on a bike? I'd die. Mind you, I'd mostly die because I fall off bikes.

Love Body Pump, but that's partly where the q comes from. Why do instructors always ask if anyone's pregnant at the start of the class...?

Yoga is for girls and communists.

skihorse Tue 14-Jul-09 15:43:50

You're not a dickhead though are you? ^punches camel between the shoulder blades^ - I mean you're going to drink. It's not like you're sunbathing for 6 hours without drinking. I mean they come up with all this bollocks but don't forget - they're aiming it at people who need to be told to have vaginal sex...

Yeh... 10 miles a day - I am a virtual angel.

BP - well the Les Mills site has a pdf file for BP when pregnant. It basically says - do NOT up your weights during pg and stand with your feet further apart... and if you can't lift it over your big fat tummy then you should lift weights at the side instead.

Yoga is for gays and cougars from what I've seen at my gym. Although tbf - last time I did yoga I got pregnant that day... wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now