Talk

Advanced search

Following on from the corrie/bf thread, how do you feel about the way that ttc is portrayed in soaps?

(6 Posts)
OracleInaCoracle Thu 09-Jul-09 21:25:35

it infuriates me. as soon as a woman decides she wants a baby she turns into a baby-stealing loon. if a woman suffers a mc (or ep) she is told that she will never have children. is it just me and my clomidy hormones that finds this irritating?

answers on a postcard please...

OracleInaCoracle Thu 09-Jul-09 21:32:47

and women only get up the pole if they have a one night stand with someone they dislike.

AitchTwoOh Thu 09-Jul-09 21:46:21

we really really need ee and cs producers on for a webchat, don't we?

OracleInaCoracle Thu 09-Jul-09 21:52:13

definately. i watched the emmerdale/lexie thing to see if they handled her ep any better than corrie did and was enraged when they implied that the ep was probably caused by infection. because all ep sufferers sleep around and carry std's don't they? hmm no better imo than violet getting up the pole after 1 squirt of a sperm-filled turkey baster. why do they have researchers if they dont listen to the research?

AitchTwoOh Thu 09-Jul-09 22:04:09

my friend advised on the violet thing, said she was very clear that she didn't want to hear anything about her being infertile... what did she get told in hospital? you guessed it.

OracleInaCoracle Fri 10-Jul-09 09:45:53

its infuriating. i would also like to see a storyline about secondary infertility. it affects a huge amount of couples yet if you live in soapland all of your pg's are "surprises". and the characters never seem to change their lifestyles etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now