Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding and TTC

(2 Posts)
Gruffalette Tue 07-Jul-09 22:09:33

Hello All,

Not actually TTC yet but want to perhaps start in a couple of months time. BUT - still breastfeeding my DC who is 14 months. Am committed to breastfeeding until DC is 2 as per WHO and Department of Health guidelines although I am dropping feeds gradually.

Currently DC is feeding only once in the day but a few times in the night.

I have not had a period since before DC was conceived!! And, no, I am not pregnant, we are using (barrier) contraception and I have done a test just incase!

Does anyone know of anything which can boost fertility whilst breastfeeding? I am not going to give up just yet but I really don't want a very big gap between children (if I can help it).

Thanks

strongblackcoffee Tue 07-Jul-09 22:17:25

I don't know about boosting fertility. But I was BF DS1 at 14 months and was about to start TTC. Discovered that I was actually 8 weeks pg without realising - I hadn't had a period, but we had stopped using contraception a few months earlier. Wondered why I had been feeling so tired! Also wondered why I was getting so fat!! DH was delighted (not) when I told him we didn't need to try at all! grin

Anyway, my point is that I think it happened immediately with no problems, so I wouldn't worry too much.

However, the midwife did advise me to stop BF so that my body could concentrate on the new baby. Not impossible to do both, but very exhausting for you, so you'd probably need to look carefully at your diet, etc.

Sorry, a bit waffly - hope it helps? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now