Advanced search

Can my DP get a vasectomy reversal on the NHS? please help

(6 Posts)
cancantcan Mon 06-Jul-09 11:33:55

is there any way that DH could get a VR on the NHS? any help/tips/stories would be great!

expatinscotland Mon 06-Jul-09 11:35:07

if he's already fathered a child, in general, no.

expatinscotland Mon 06-Jul-09 11:37:53

it might also not work even if you go private.

madwomanintheattic Mon 06-Jul-09 11:45:53

the only way would be if you could prove that they were negligent in carrying out the vasectomy in the first place - ie if it was done very shortly after (and as a reaction to) a traumatic event (stillbirth/ serious disability or illness of newborn etc) with no counselling given, and being unable to have children was now causing mental health issues.
tis v rare.
wouldn't happen just because of change of partner and wanted a family with new partner, for example. you'd need a couple of thou for private, with no guarantee of success.

expatinscotland Mon 06-Jul-09 11:49:27

Also, based on your other post, your partner does not want to reverse his vasectomy. You want him to. If he won't even go see the GP about reversal, because he doesn't want to reverse it, it's highly unlikely he'll get to where he's willing to battle his trust to reverse it on the NHS, especially if he was counselled that vasectomy is permanent.

cancantcan Mon 06-Jul-09 11:56:45

Yes, we already have kids, so looks like its a no-no then. Thanks for your help all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now