Talk

Advanced search

2WW. sophable needs you to pray, send vibes and hold her hand please...

(153 Posts)
Heathcliffscathy Sun 05-Jul-09 17:26:14

This month, for the first time ever we (dh and I) have really given ourselves every chance possible of conceiving.

I've been using FAM for the first time. we've been BDing like crazy at the right time and I'm so hopeful whilst being so scared of having those hopes dashed. (i do know btw that even if we get it all right there is still only 1 in 4 chance etc).

As background: after ds was born in 2003, dh didn't want any more children. We struggled (well, I did) with this and the terrible conflict that ensued until last year.

We've been nominally trying since then, but tbh, not very hard (i.e. of 12 months, there were probably only 3 that we could have possibly conceived in).

Since the beginning of this year, dh really has changed his mind and now really really wants us to have another child. I got pregnant, but miscarried at the end of March.

First cycle I wasn't expecting to have my period 28 days (on the dot) after the miscarriage which I did.

I was absolutely miserable when I wasn't pregnant second cycle.

Now third cycle CD15. Today I found out a friend was pregnant at the same time as me, we both had a November due date. I'm so sad that we aren't having babies together and so sad for the baby that I lost.

A tarot card reader has also told me (this was a very amateur tarot reader...i know i know i know i know!!!) that no babies any time soon.

I so want to be pregnant this month and would be so grateful for your support, hand holding and prayers, vibes and lentils both in the hope of being and if I get my AF which is due on the 16th July.

I'm 37 years old and need to hold onto the fact that once we started trying properly I got pregnant fairly easily rather than letting the fact that at 37 i am decrepit with no eggs left and dh has deformed sperm be at the forefront as that is what it feels like i'm bombarded with all day every day in the press!

Any company gratefully appreciated...

I can't be company as dh and I most definitely not trying! BUT I remember how torturous the 2 ww is...every day a new twinge and phantom symptom (or not as the case may be)smile
So you are CD15, you have ov'd? How long is your LP usually?
I'm not even going to merit the tarot card reader with a commenthmmgrin
Soooooooooooo, good luck and I am here metaphorically holding your hand.

JackieNo Sun 05-Jul-09 17:44:53

Sophable - thinking of you <<sends vibes>>

Heathcliffscathy Sun 05-Jul-09 17:45:31

you know, + OPK CD11, i had EWCM CD 12 and my temp spiked CD14. BUT i had a boozy night on CD13...having said that my temp stayed up today. So I think that I ovulated CD 13. but fertility friend is saying I ovulated CD11 based on what looks like a dip in temperature. I'm pretty sure not and that the software is just working out what happens as it's the first cycle.

I think that based on the OPK, EWCM and cervical position (yes ladies I"m doing the lot) I ovulated CD13.

We BD'd CD7, 11, 12, 13 and 14 (phew!).

So if fertility friend is right, that's not great as we BD'd day of ovulation, but if I'm right then as I say, we've given ourselves every chance.

Thanks so much for the hand holding.

I feel bit bloated lower abdomen and 'full'

but then i'm going to read everything into everything for the next 2 weeks!

Heathcliffscathy Sun 05-Jul-09 17:47:06

have a 28 day cycle, so think my LP is 14 days...but only time will tell I guess...

Heathcliffscathy Sun 05-Jul-09 17:47:34

thanks jackie

monkeytrousers Sun 05-Jul-09 17:48:03

Good luck Soph.

monkeytrousers Sun 05-Jul-09 17:48:38

(Not preying but vibing smile)

MarshaBrady Sun 05-Jul-09 17:49:49

Good vibes from here too. The 2ww is unbelievably hard to go through, particularly with extra factors coming in.

So massive good vibes...

Ok so you are 2 days into the 2ww, that's a good start. I thought I was pretty good on this stuff but why is bding on day of ov not good? When we were trying for no.2 we wanted a boy (but obviously would have been happy with girl) and we tried the Dr Shettles method where you bd as near to ov as poss. We bd the night before and the day of ov and ds is now 4!
It's a rather cruel trick that AF symptoms and pg ones can be so similar but I've got everything crossed that you'll be getting even more 'bloated' over the next 9 months...wink

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Sun 05-Jul-09 18:10:30

Good luck soph.

monkeyfacegrace Sun 05-Jul-09 18:21:33

Im holding hands too xx

Curlywurlee Sun 05-Jul-09 18:26:33

here's my hand sophable now get back to that emmsys thread grin grin

Heathcliffscathy Sun 05-Jul-09 20:29:08

it's all about control: while i'm in the part of my cycle where there is something I can actively DO, I'm ok. as soon as i hit the waiting, i feel grumpy and moody and rubbish.

when dh asked me how i felt about the friend who is pregnant i said i was really happy for her and a bit sad for us. truth is that i'm miserable that i'm not pregnant with her...it would have been so lovely...

CountessDracula Sun 05-Jul-09 21:44:50

I have all my lentils out of the cupboard for you soph (())
I would sacrifice Wiggle if I thought it would help...
Don't listen to tarot card people fgs

Heathcliffscathy Sun 05-Jul-09 22:10:00

i hope you've put them in baby shaped formations on your kitchen floor.

i do not require you to offer up your beloved hound in pagan sacrificial ritual but thanks for the offer!

thanks cd.x

Katnkittens Mon 06-Jul-09 00:48:46

Hey Soph, can I join you? Am also on CD15 today having mc in December and again the following Jan (both early at 5 weeks).

I just bought a CBFM from ebay but it came too late to use it this month so am just guessing I OV'd around CD14 as my cycle is usually 29 days. We BD on CD11, 12, 13 and 15 (fell asleep on CD14 lol) so should be in with a good chance.

I already have 3 DCs my DS is 13, DD1 is 11 next week and DD2 is 5. I'm 29 and this is the first time I have actually TTC, the others just kind of happened!

Last month had loads of symptoms and thought we'd done it but AF arrived bang on time Gonna try really hard not to symptom spot this month... yeah right...

I'm in a similar position to you in that my very good friend is pregnant and I would love for us to be pregnant together, she's only 8 weeks so if I did it this month we wouldn't be too far apart....

I HATE the 2ww, can we whinge about it together?

Katie xx

Heathcliffscathy Mon 06-Jul-09 08:55:16

kat fantastic! so glad you're here, and if you post loads then i'll feel able to without looking like a total plum!! I'm so sorry about your mcs. horrible for you. onwards though, this could be the month!

I am VERY CONFUSED now as I had a huge dip in temperature this morning, lower than anything so far! So, either this is because i do the fall back chart that TCOYF talks about as there is a second oestrogen surge after ovulation, OR i'm about to ovulate.

haven't done any bding since saturday...

I suppose what this means is that charting only really works over a few months when you can establish a proper pattern of temps.

however if i look at other fertility signs, I did ovulate CD13.

argh.

was so devastated when my temp dipped (oh god i am anovulatory woman i thought) this morning but then found it in the book.

feel bloated and tender lower abdomen so maybe that means i am/have ovulated?

[slightly disheartened emoticon].

Joolsiam Mon 06-Jul-09 09:01:42

Sophable - my 2WW starts today and I am more decrepit than you !!

I don't chart, so can't advise on that - I just monitor EWCM, feel ov and have a clockwork cycle - has worked 3 times in the past year

Not sure if today is ov day or I am 1DPO, as I felt ov pains yesterday afternoon and again this morning ...

I always tell myself that symptoms are unlikely to be real symptoms in the first week of the 2WW, so just stick my head in the sand and try to ignore the whole thing. The second week is a different story though !

Wishing us all lots of luck

Heathcliffscathy Mon 06-Jul-09 09:38:18

hi jools... now there are three of us! hooray!

Katnkittens Mon 06-Jul-09 10:30:27

Morning ladies.

Jools that's what I always did, monitor ewcm but since the mc I haven't actually had any? That's why I bought the CBFM in case I'm not ovulating.
I probably am since my cycles are very regular, 29 days on the dot but it will be reassuring to check.
As for CP, I've never ever been able to find my cervix, even the nurses sometimes have trouble as it's tilted well back so that's out.

I had a colcoscopy for abnormal smear results a couple of weeks ago and was advised not to BD for 2 weeks (risk of infection) so thought I was out for this month but after a week I felt totally fine so have ignored Drs orders and BD like a trooper. I know I'm probably stupid but can't bear to have a wasted month!!

Anyway I hope I am pregnant this month but if not then at least I get to play with my new monitor - small things and all that!

As for symptom spotting... my boobs are a bit sore today and have twinges

Lets start a list, I like lists

Katnkittens TTC#4, UCL29, CD16

Katnkittens Mon 06-Jul-09 10:32:33

And soph, I'm sure you did OV, I can't help you with the temp thing, it all sounds like chinese to me but all the signs are good.

God this TTC lark takes over your life doesn't it!

Divvy Mon 06-Jul-09 13:18:45

I will join you too! Cycle #4 but had chemical in May. While brushing my teeth this morning I did gag, which I only do when pregnant, so I am going mad already it seems! grin

CD15 1DPO

Katnkittens Mon 06-Jul-09 16:05:41

Sounds good divvy and welcome I dont ever have really early symptoms, my teeth bleed when I brush my teeth towards AF due time and I develop a strong sense of smell.

Sounds like we've all had m/cs, I think we should take it as a good sign that we have conceived recently and will get BFPs very soon!

Kat

Divvy Mon 06-Jul-09 20:00:16

Yes, I have taken it as a positive thing. I have been having children for 21 years now, and have had 4 m/cs in that time, one no so early but consider myself very lucky for the children I have had.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now