Talk

Advanced search

Ovulating 5 days after having sex

(15 Posts)
likessleep Sat 04-Jul-09 10:17:39

Does anyone know what are the chances of getting pregnant?
Thanks

EldonAve Sat 04-Jul-09 10:19:00

1/6?

likessleep Sat 04-Jul-09 10:22:47

Thank you. DH was away for most of this week and we are going to try the Shettles method for a couple of cycles (please don't slate me!). I thought was too far away, but just wondering really.
Thanks for posting - where did you find that figure from?

EldonAve Sat 04-Jul-09 10:58:18

iirc that's your chance each month

sweetfall Sat 04-Jul-09 11:00:39

extremely little bordering on no chance

sperm only lives for up to 3 days in the womb - so if you are certain you ovulated 5 days after that would be very very unlikely

each cycle you have about a 25% of conceiving if you have sex at the right time

EldonAve Sat 04-Jul-09 11:07:11

I don't have a link but I'm pretty sure they can live up to 5 days

likessleep Sat 04-Jul-09 11:08:28

thanks sweetfall. i have read some sperm can survive up to 5 days, in the right environment (but most die up to 3 days)? i thought it was too long, until i read that, which got me thinking.
i am certain i am ovulating now.
thanks for posting.

EldonAve Sat 04-Jul-09 11:09:56

nhs link "Sperm are also survivors and can live for up to five days on average inside the woman's body but up to seven days if the conditions are right"

likessleep Sat 04-Jul-09 11:13:30

ooh eldon, i hope dh's little swimmers survive up to 7 days grin
but i guess that's best case scenario and chances are it will take a while.
better minimise the pinot grigio just in case.

duchesse Sat 04-Jul-09 11:25:18

That's how we got DD2! And it was more like 7 days.

likessleep Sat 04-Jul-09 11:26:33

really shock ... ooh don't, i'm getting excited now.
<must calm down and stop imagination running away with me>

EldonAve Sat 04-Jul-09 11:34:03

I will disappoint you now - that's how I got DS grin

mrsdisorganised Sat 04-Jul-09 11:36:33

I'm pg with dc5, thought we didn't have a hope, dh works away and was home on cd10, 11 and 12 of that month only!! So yes there is a chance, I usually ov'd on cd19!! Good luck grin

likessleep Sat 04-Jul-09 11:36:44

really too?
oh god, i need to just leave it to chance don't i? grin
of course, i'd be totally over the moon with either, but i would like a girl at some point and dh needs some convincing to have 3.
feeling very broody and god i'm so impatient. ttc and my control freakery doesn't really suit!

Meanbeansmum Sat 04-Jul-09 12:31:44

I have 2 boys and a girl..........things did change on the cycle I had a girl (only in hindsight can I see those changes as they were not intentional, I was sure we'd have 3 sons).
I was dieting when I conceived dd, I was eating a massive box of salad for lunch(lettuce peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, quorn ham and lashings of salad cream) and I had far less carbs.
I also took 3 days of angus castus (was too busy to remember after three days) at the beginning of the month and I ovulated far earlier (CD11) and I really didn't think we had any chance of being pregnant that month. Those were differences as when I conceived my sons I was a total carb junkie.
Coincidentally the month I conceived dd we only dtd on cd 5 and cd 10.....by my pg dates I conceived on cd 11/12.

HTH, either sex is a blessing. My 2 boys are great fun, I love having two boys, they are great friends! Grils are clothes obsessed, my 1 year old just wants to get dressed all day everyday lol. I'm hoping for a suprise for the next baby. Come on af I have some ttc to do grin

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now