Talk

Advanced search

What will a laparoscopy do to my cycle?

(3 Posts)
MomDePlume Thu 02-Jul-09 09:14:11

Just wondered if anyone has experience of having a laparoscopy while TTC. I had a diagnostic lap yesterday on CD12 (which didn't find any problems). I've now got bleeding from the op, which I've been told will last for up to a week. Will this start my cycle again, though, or should I still continue my current cycle as normal? I've been told not to BD for a week anyway, so even if I do OV in a few days' time it won't be much use to me, but I just wondered, really.

Vikks Tue 07-Jul-09 21:55:27

The laparoscopy doesn't affect your cycle, the bleeding from the op is just that. I had mine on CD14 and wasn't told not to BD so DH and me tried it a few days later, just in case! Not the most comfortable, it took me 4 or 5 days before I was feeling my self again.
All that and I've got to have another in two weeks! The things we'll do! Good Luck x

MrsHappy Tue 07-Jul-09 22:34:15

It won't restart your cycle but if you were stressed about the lap you might find that ovulation is delayed. Certainly mine was always a bit later in cycles where I had any procedure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now