Talk

Advanced search

I want all the info you have on implantation bleeding!

(28 Posts)
Ailz Mon 29-Jun-09 18:30:58

this is a very boring subject i know, but i am clutching at straws and asking everyone i know. googling etc. After first round of ivf, i am 10 days post embryo transfer. 2 embryos tranferred after 2 days incubation. yesterday got some pinkish bleeding, v light. turned brown today and has almost dwindled away to nothing. but it may start up again at any time! anyone have similar situation? i would appreciate the information, positive or negative. thanks. going mad

thell Mon 29-Jun-09 23:57:50

not ivf, so don't know how similar or helpful...

i read that implantation bleeds can coincide with when your period would be due, giving you a false impression that you've had your period, so 2 weeks after conception, maybe 10ish days after implantation (which would correlate with your experience wouldn't it?).

My own was much later, as it happens - maybe 24 days after implantation, but similar description - a little bit of what looked like blood fading away to brown then nothing after a day-ish.

Hope that helps you to relax a bit, and good luck!!

smallchange Tue 30-Jun-09 00:00:07

I had some pinkish bleeding at around 5 weeks accompanied by bad cramping - too late for implantation? Anyway, ds is now 2.7 so all was well.

Bleeding can be normal in early pregnancy. There isn't always a cause. Good luck with things. smile

mamakoukla Tue 30-Jun-09 02:02:12

I had implantation bleeding at around 5 weeks; it was approx a week after we had founf out that I was pregnant. There was dreadful cramping and light red bleeding that faded to brown for a couple of days. My GP was all doom and gloom but I had seen an emergency dr at the weekend when it happened and she had explained all of the possiblities and that it did not necessarily mean a m/c. This was followed up with testing hormone levels to make sure they were still rising and with an ultrasound. Many months later, we had our LO.

Good luck, big hug and will have fingers crossed for you, Ailz

Ailz Tue 30-Jun-09 10:26:59

thanks everyone. i too had light bleeding when i was about 5 weeks with dd. i paid no attention but gp was doom and gloom too and sent me for scan, all was well thank god and she came along a many months later! Thanks for your kind wishes, i will keep my fingers crossed and stop checking like a maniac now. will let you know how it goes. thanks

thatsnotmymonster Tue 30-Jun-09 10:31:01

I had light bleeding at around 5 weeks pg with all 3 dc's. Was more blood that I would have expected for implantation bleeding but it seems very common.

It's impossible to say really. When do you go back for the test?

Ailz Tue 30-Jun-09 10:39:40

I am testing saturday. if i can wait that long! i am really going to try.
yes i agree it is impossible to say. the test is the only sure thing. few more days!

londonlottie Tue 30-Jun-09 10:43:47

Message withdrawn

Ailz Tue 30-Jun-09 10:50:27

Great LL, just a bit dazed i think. yes i think it is starting to look a bit like implantation, however i am prepared for anything! how are you, still a bit queasy?

londonlottie Tue 30-Jun-09 10:58:35

Message withdrawn

Ailz Wed 01-Jul-09 09:02:02

I dont know if i will last. i am trying, but we will see x

Ailz Wed 01-Jul-09 09:04:14

oops finished a bit early there. i know the feeling, you want the symptoms to stop and when they do you start to panic. it is perfectly normal for MS to ease off at this stage. for my sister recently all MS was gone and then she opened some meat and threw up immediately, she was quite shocked.
very excited to see how your scan goes, imagine - babies!!!

londonlottie Wed 01-Jul-09 09:19:16

Message withdrawn

Dophus Wed 01-Jul-09 09:21:52

implantation bleeds occurs 7-10 days after ovulation - the time taken to reach the utuerus.

I had this for my first pregnancy but not my subsequent 3. Also a sizable blob.

Ailz Wed 01-Jul-09 14:07:54

Thanks Dophus.
Londonlottie ok ok, no real update other than i caved and did a test and it was bfn. but not surprised or particularly upset because i know it is too early and it was a cheapie one (the teeny little strips). i had to. i am not telling dh, but i think he will get it out of me because he always can read my mind.
Bleeding is just about gone (teeny tiny brown mark for last two days)
what do you think? it is day 12 since ET

Dophus Wed 01-Jul-09 16:16:54

Still could go either way. It is quite early to test.

Ailz Thu 02-Jul-09 19:53:12

had lots of bleeding today so pretty sure it is all over.

londonlottie Thu 02-Jul-09 20:19:34

Message withdrawn

orangepink Thu 02-Jul-09 22:22:14

Just wanted to wish you all the best. Have been a lurker for years but now finally moved to write my first post. I bled so much with my fifth IVF (from day 10 - 13 post embryo transfer) that I stopped the Cyclogest for a few days. The bleeding was heavier than a period. I don't want to give you false hope but I got a BFP on day 14 and now have a healthy DS2 (DS1 was the result of our 4th IVF). Thinking of you.

Dophus Fri 03-Jul-09 07:28:35

Ailz - sorry to hear. good luck

Caitni Fri 03-Jul-09 12:29:53

ailz just seen this sad - how are things today? Has the bleeding stopped? Thinking of you xx

Ailz Fri 03-Jul-09 13:47:15

Thanks LL, i had my wallowing, crying, feeling sorry for myself afternoon yesterday, but have talked to dh, sister, mum and feel better. really was ready to give up, but feel better today and ready to give it a go again in month or two. you are right i am good candidate, everything went well and responded well to it all, so should work some time.
Thanks orangepink my dh has a lot of hope still because my af is not very heavy. i think it is all over but it is good to hear success stories. i know it can take a few tries and i should be patient. congrats on your two successes! i have one dd and would dearly love to add to that. some day! hi dophus and caitni still bleeding, pretty sure it is all over (i know it actually) but will do test as instructed tomorrow, though i know outcome. i have actually come to terms with it after my outburst yesterday evening. i just felt very stupid, useless, angry with myself. i, just for 15 minutes, saw my life play out before me (as only we can do) and heard all the questions about why i only have one child and am i going to have another one and having to hate everyone who asks, and having to make up an answer to that question forever and imagining all my friends and family having babies forever and me not. it just all ran through my head like a freight train out of control, couldnt stop it and felt very very sorry for myself, but i am over it. it was shocking.

Dophus Fri 03-Jul-09 13:54:44

Pleased that you dealing this so positively - good luck next time!

Ailz Fri 03-Jul-09 13:55:53

Thanks a lot. here is to next time!

londonlottie Fri 03-Jul-09 14:18:40

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now