Talk

Advanced search

I need a answer, positive or negative.... driving me nuts : )

(34 Posts)
tiggerandpiglet Sat 27-Jun-09 09:53:26

HI All..

Been trying to conceive since april, mays period was odd, didnt even know I was coming on, no cramps nothing, no sore breasts either and a few days early. Junes period was due 10th but came on 31st may, felt abit pmt but not much again, went to dr had some tests down but all ok, no problems.

This week I have felt so tired, sore breasts, slightly nausea, done a preg test yesterday and a very very faint line, done another four and they were faint too, barely visible. Woke up and done a test and its less than barely visible I am sure something is there but not sure whether its the inprint of the test line and not actually a faint positive....so done a clear blue and it didnt show anything.

so say 5 very very very faint lines yesterday, and even fainter this morning.... erh whats happening girls????

whomovedmychocolate Sat 27-Jun-09 09:58:40

You are probably slightly pregnant. It can be one of two things:

(1) You conceived but the pregnancy didn't embed properly and your last period was a very early miscarriage and that's why you still have residual HCG (causing the faint positive)
(2) You are just pregnant and if you test again in two days you will get a clearer result.

Are you using first morning urine to test? Try that tomorrow and see if you get a more definitive result. If not go to the GP and ask for a blood test.

tiggerandpiglet Sat 27-Jun-09 10:03:23

I was at the dr the other week and he done a internal,he didnt mention anything about m/c. I mentioned about my odd periods and due to no cramping etc he said it could just be irregular - i done a test on first pee this morning and its very faint again, it was darker yesterday but still faint.

I do feel very different this month but this is the only thing stopping me from thinking for definate that I am pg

Disenchanted3 Sat 27-Jun-09 10:06:51

only thing you can do it wait 2 or 3 days then do another.

good luck x

Dalrymps Sat 27-Jun-09 10:10:06

I had this, I waited 2 days and did another and it was slightly darker. Waited another 2 days and was darker again and AF now late so BFP!

Sooo, you may be a little bit pg but all you can do is wait a little and test again. Good luck, sounding good smile

tiggerandpiglet Sat 27-Jun-09 10:15:51

Thanks ladies...

I remember having ssame thing with my first. love finding out but always find out too early then constant testing. he he he

I find my hcg is always so low first...

tiggerandpiglet Sat 27-Jun-09 10:25:51

Another thing is the faint lines seem to get darker after 10 mins, the first response ones are valid for 48hours, i looked this morning and the line is there and even though faint its visible... but the one i done today is soooo faint, and the clear blue i threw away as barely visible???

odd what do you reakon....?

whomovedmychocolate Sat 27-Jun-09 10:29:02

No it's to down to the way the chemical changes and it will stay around a while - I just blush chucked away the positive tests from DD (she's nearly 3 blush) and the lines were still there. The drying effect will make evaporation lines more prominent though so that's why you should only read them when it says on the box

mears Sat 27-Jun-09 10:31:37

Wait another week and then test if no period.

tiggerandpiglet Sat 27-Jun-09 10:59:24

well... i know I am crazy lol

I done another my last first response and the line is faint but darker than this morning

whats happening?? isnt it meant to be darker at first pee....?

am i pg or not??? psychic tell me lol

Disenchanted3 Sat 27-Jun-09 11:29:03

if you are getting faint +s on first response you are pregnant.

But you NEED to leave it a few days so your hormone can build up enough to give a darker line,

as your periods are irregular you do not know when you are due, so could be due in 3 days time hence the faint +s.

tiggerandpiglet Sat 27-Jun-09 11:36:03

so true... its very hard not to test huh.. one slight positive = 20 more tests ha ha

I am abit apprehensive but i am praying my eyes are not deceiving me....

tiggerandpiglet Sat 27-Jun-09 12:09:49

is there such a thing as a faint positivem but it being negative?????

rainbowdays Sat 27-Jun-09 12:21:13

Sounds to me like you are pg !!! grin

But wanted to say that some people like me, have stronger result with second morning urine than first morning urine. Super efficent kidneys during the night or something, but anyway, as long as the lines appeared within the time limit then you is preggos!!!!

So if you test again tomorrow try the smu rather than fmu!!!!! not that I am encouraging further testing mind you!

tiggerandpiglet Sat 27-Jun-09 12:30:42

whats the smu? and fmu?

Dalrymps Sun 28-Jun-09 08:39:01

fmu= first morning urine, smu= second morning urine.

I did this too, once I started testing couldn't stop. In the end I waited 2 days then tested again and it was sightly darker, then waited another 2 days and tested, slightly darker again.

Anyway, my AF is late now and still getting positives so am pg. Sounds like you are smile, test again in 2 days!

tiggerandpiglet Sun 28-Jun-09 18:55:15

I done another two this morning and positives. done a dlear blue digital and not pregnant, dont think the cbd is right... after 9 positives i think i maight be....

any suggestions?

RoseBlossoms Sun 28-Jun-09 19:21:36

Wait a couple of days and then test! I know its difficult but you are wasting lots of money on them!! If its + it will still be + in a couple of days!

tiggerandpiglet Sun 28-Jun-09 19:28:56

i am just abit unsure, when one says yes and the most expensive clear blues say no?? quiite frustrating really....

got dr's appointment tuesday - do they test there and then and give a answer straight away??

Northernlurker Sun 28-Jun-09 19:31:38

Sorry but I don't understand why the need for all the testing? You were ttc so I assume a baby would be good news. You have no sinister symptoms so why not relax and enjoy this time - if you are pregnant you'll be chucking your guts up from about a week on Wednesday so I would relish this point tbh!

tiggerandpiglet Sun 28-Jun-09 19:44:37

why not constant testing when some say + and some say - , dont we all want to know one way or another.

of course being pg is good news - when we know for sure.

Northernlurker Sun 28-Jun-09 19:55:03

Yes but because pregnancy testing is based on HCG levels you will get better results the longer you leave it. You haven't actually had a test yet that you could hand on heart call a definate yes have you? What you've had is a lot of money spent on maybe and what I'm saying is just leave your body to do it's thing for a few days - because you will know for certain then and the answer you're looking for now is most likely beyond the grip of the tools at your disposal.

Testing isn't going to change the outcome - lets review the evidence - you have had unprotected sex at (one assumes grin) your fertile point. You now have some symptoms of early pregnancy - great, it's very likely you are pregnant now all you have to do is wait till your symptoms - including your HCG level - gets to a point where you can show other people the result. Just give yourself a break for a few days.

tiggerandpiglet Sun 28-Jun-09 20:04:53

yes I have had faint positives, but Clear Blue digital say NOT.so tad confusing...anyway i AGREE on the HCG info you gave.Thanks!!

hmm Northernlurker not sure if we are lost on the chat, think we are.

Northernlurker Sun 28-Jun-09 20:07:40

hmm - ok not sure quite what you mean with your last sentence but Good Luck anyway grin

rachxx Sun 28-Jun-09 20:13:35

When I was preganant for the first time, clear blue did the same to me-said I wasnt but other tests did. So i left it a few days, tested with clear blue, and there was my positive. Hope its good news for you! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now