Talk

Advanced search

TTC with 8mth 1st Baby - ovulation ?

(3 Posts)
beaufies Fri 26-Jun-09 21:17:29

My DS is 8mths old and due to the fact that I am rapidly approaching 40 and needed IUI (no known fertility issues however) to conceive last time we are already trying again.

However, despite having my first period about a month ago, I haven't ovulated. I always ovulated before so now I'm worried that it's because of my advancing years...or could it be that it takes a few cycles for your body to get back into the swing of things after a pregnancy and six months of breastfeeding ?

Also, if anyone has had a similar experience, how long should we give it before we go back to the clinic ?

Any thoughts would be welcome

whomovedmychocolate Sat 27-Jun-09 09:40:54

I'd go back now but you may find you are ovulating. What makes you think you aren't?

MrsHappy Sat 27-Jun-09 18:57:43

I think it might take a while for your periods to get back to normal. After my DD was born my periods came back quickly but it was a good year before they became vaguely regular. Before then three month gaps were not exactly unheard of...

Having said that in your shoes I would probably go back to the clinic sooner rather than later. Maybe they can stimulate ovulation to help you on your way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now