Talk

Advanced search

Increasing chances of having a girl next time?

(4 Posts)
weasle Thu 25-Jun-09 05:31:47

We have 2ds and would like to ttc dc3. We obviously don't mind if we have another ds or a dd, but my DH quietly would like a dd a bit more i think.

I think i have read about how the timing of intercourse in your cycle can possibly affect the gender of the child. Does anyone know what this is? I think it was to have sex before ovulation not after??

I realise that it is unlikely to influence things much, but I would like to try!

TIA

OlandDaisysmum Thu 25-Jun-09 07:20:10

Hi, the theory is that girl sperm will live longer than boy sperm so, to conceive a girl you should have sex a goood few days before ovulation day and to conceive a boy then do it at the time of ovulation. Not convinced at all that this works as both my children (DS and DD) were conceived at the time of ovulation. There is a book available but I lent it a friend and can't remember the exact title - sorry not much help but it is something like choosing the sex of your baby.
HTH

humf Tue 11-Aug-09 22:04:27

both me and my dp would love a dd. we have a ds together, i have a ds from a previous relationship and he has two ds from previous relationship. my dp previous partner had a miscarriage which was a girl and so did his mother. he's convinced if we conceive a girl the same would happen. anyone know anything or had similiar?? i know we are very lucky to have healthy ds's and another would be lovely but would like to try for a dd.

JJsandcat Wed 12-Aug-09 18:49:36

You can check this to estimate your 'window' of conception. Do it a day or 2 before ovulation and don't do it a day after ovulating and it should indeed be a girl.

www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/pregcalc.html

I'm hoping for the other way round :-)

Hope it works out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now