Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone on a low GI diet to help with PCOS?

(3 Posts)
GiraffeAHolic Wed 24-Jun-09 14:57:04

Has it helped?

How strict have you been with it?

Has anyone actually concieved like this?

Or is there a better diet regime I should be doing?

Am TTC#2, DD is 15 months and was concieved after 2.5 years of trying with PCOS.

Tigresswoods Wed 24-Jun-09 17:49:19

Hi there, I have PCOS and have been doing Low GI for about 6-7 months now. We (for I have mad him indoors do it too) are not mega-strict with it but do try to follow it wherever possible. I still haven't concieved and have been on Clomid for 3 months now (TTC a total of 18months) but at least now my cycles are more regular and my spots have gone down a bit. At the same time I cut my alcohol in take right back and stopped drinking coca-cola.

I feel better in myself and have lost a bit of weight (although this was not my aim and I am a very good BMI anyway) so it is a diet i will probably adopt as a way of life forever now. I like the food and the recipes I have found.

The good housekeeping recipe book is very good, we like the tikka chicken, the spicy lamb and the steak and onion tagliatelle.

RubiMama Tue 30-Jun-09 13:54:47

Hello there,

It worked for me, alon with reflexology and Agnus Castus. I wasn't too strict about the GI thing, but I banned (and still do) all refined or processed foods, and stuck to wholegrains and slow release foods etc. I alao exercised alot in conjunction with diet as I can never lose weight by diet alone and I think it helped. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now