Talk

Advanced search

Newbie TTC - getting neg result but think might still be pg - am I deluded?!

(5 Posts)
Dairylea Wed 24-Jun-09 11:40:05

Hello - I've been on other threads in the step-parenting bit (I have a dsd of 17 and dss of 10) which has been so hopeful. Hope you don't all mind that I've been reading threads here and am jumping in with a thread of my own! But would so appreciate your advice

I came off the pill at xmas but there was a lot of stress at the beginning of the year - money issues and his divorce (alcoholic ex - not fun) - so we've only really properly tried for the last couple of month or so.

Anyway - I feel like I might be pg but maybe am being hopeful. My UCL is so variable - from 28 to 35 but average is 31. I'm now on day 37 but with a hpt on Sunday and today both have come up negative. My boobs don't feel that different - a bit bigger maybe - I'm headachy and have had that metallic taste in my mouth, a bit tired and so on. No AF. Am I being impatient - should I wait a week or so to test?

Sorry - I know others have been trying for longer than me but I'm 35, my DH is 51 and so time is not really on our side....

Dairylea x

Dairylea Wed 24-Jun-09 11:40:43

I meant helpful not hopeful! Freudian slip?!

Dairylea Mon 29-Jun-09 09:17:18

No one answered this but just in case anyone is looking - I got AF today. Had a good cry this morning and just going to carry on TTC. Only way! Have to believe it will happen. V frustrating though that my cycles are obviously so irregular (makes this one 49 days) - so am going on the folic acid, zita west supplements and generally going to ttc a bit harder. Feel better for not drinking in last week so am going to try and keep that up too (despite wedding this weekend...not mine! but still - all that champagne...!).

Sending out general positive vibes to all those ttc. We will do it.
x

rachxx Tue 30-Jun-09 12:40:15

Aww hun, dw, just keep trying, and it will happen for you soon! Sometimes when we really want a baby, we delude ourselves, and think a negative pregnancy test is wrong. Good luck x

Ozziegirly Tue 30-Jun-09 12:44:22

Aww, sorry to hear that. I missed your first thread.

Why don't you come over to our "frolickers" thread - we're a nice bunch and I'm a newbie to TTC too - on my second cycle.

I am taking Agnus Castus (Vitex) which apparently is very good at helping to regulate hormones, have a look at some of the stuff on the internet, it's quite promising.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now