Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Botox and TTC

(3 Posts)
BuckyAndCocktails Mon 22-Jun-09 20:16:14

I have been trying to concieve unsuccessfully for years (over three to be exact). A while back I became pretty depressed about it and decided I just had to get on with my life and forget about it. Drink when and as much as I want all month long, eat what I want, book holidays etc. I also have botox injections.

However, this month I am on Clomid whilst waiting for my name to come up for IVF. I am booked for my botox top up tomorrow but I am wondering what to do. I really really want to have it, and I NEVER get pregnant, but what if I do? If I don't get pg and I dont have the top up I will be SO p*ssed off and then will have the same dilemma next month. I will also start to obsess about a BFP.

Has anybody had botox pre BFP before and had no problems? Does anyone know if it is safe to have botox soon before concieving? hmm.

And please, if you think I am vain and selfish, don't feel it necessary to tell me. Like I said, I lost years of my life waiting for the end of every cycle and I don't want to go back to that place. Years worrying about what I can and can't do in case I am pg. Any constructive comments welcomed. Thanks smile

babyboom1979 Mon 22-Jun-09 23:30:56

Hi B&C,

I'm sorry to hear of your ttc troubles....so many of us have been down that route.

I guess my response to your question would be never say never! Clomid could very well help you to get pregnant in which case botox injections might not be most advisable before conception. The fact that there are no studies to determine the effects of it on your fertility or an early embryo should be deterrent enough.

I think most gynes would advise against it.

I also want to add that you are certainly not vain or selfish for wanting to pamper yourself a bit and get on with life! However, I might put a hold on some cosmetic procedures while you try to get pregnant.

I hope you get your BFP very soon.

BuckyAndCocktails Tue 23-Jun-09 11:02:55

Thanks Babyboom

I should have added that this is my second lot of Clomid. The first lot did not work (3 months). sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now