Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TTC whilst bf with no periods yet

(12 Posts)
mower Sun 21-Jun-09 18:29:49

Can it happen? Don't want to go mad buying tests as so expensive. Know it can happen if you do get your periods back, but what if they havent' returned yet?

GYo Sun 21-Jun-09 18:34:45

Yes, you have to ovulate before you get a period so very possible.

I'd suggest monitoring for EWCM to watch for ovulation.

Good luck!!

mower Sun 21-Jun-09 18:39:07

I thought i heard that the first egg released was a dummy one therefore wont get pregnant till period has made an appearance.

What is EWCM? Oh how exciting I could get preggers any time then!!!

4andnotout Sun 21-Jun-09 18:41:05

Im in the same position (dd4 is 8mo) so will watch this thread!

mower Sun 21-Jun-09 18:44:03

Hi 4andnotout nice to hear there are someothers out there trying, with big families too. My dd3 is 7 months, take it you like the sort age gaps too!!

4andnotout Sun 21-Jun-09 18:44:50

Yes there is 13 months between dd3 & dd4 so i'd like another smallish gap between the next

mower Sun 21-Jun-09 18:46:38

I have just over 13 months between my first two. My periods came back after 3 months though with my first.

4andnotout Sun 21-Jun-09 18:47:18

I haven't bf any of the others so this is all new territory!

Davidsmom Sun 21-Jun-09 19:11:21

Hi,

I was in the same boat last year but didn't catch that first egg unfortunately. Periods came back when DS was 9 months and concieved when he was 12 months 3 periods later.

Acronym list is at top of the page EWCM- egg white cervical mucous = often a fertile time.

Err have you tested yet as dont want to state the obvious but have you checked you aren't already up the duff!!!

Best of luck.

Davidsmom Sun 21-Jun-09 19:13:41

Oh and access diagnostics (excellent tip from other Mnetter) sells cheap home pregnancy tests. Warning though testing can become addictive!

mrsgamp Sun 21-Jun-09 19:52:57

Don't know if this is any help, but I conceived twice whilst b/f-ing. Both times my periods returned at about 9 - 10 months - which is my point, your periods may return soon, especially if you cut down on night feeds. I agree with Davidsmom (I am also a David's mum!) that hoping to get pregnant before your periods return - and therefore testing frequently - can become obsessive.

mrsgamp Sun 21-Jun-09 19:55:03

Forgot to say good luck!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now