Talk

Advanced search

Being tested for PCOS - any one else been through similiar? I also suffer with rosacea...

(4 Posts)
HellsNB Fri 19-Jun-09 14:22:20

Hello

I just want to explain my situation and see if anyone is in or has been in a similar situation??? Any replies would be most appreciated :-)

I took the pill from age 18 and stopped last August when I reached 30 with the intention to give my body the chance to get back to normal before trying for a baby.

Since August I have had periods but my cycle has been getting longer and longer, I am now up to approx 45/55 days between periods.

The last six months or so I have started to suffer with a constantly red and spoty nose and cheeks. I have self diagnosed early rosacea from trawling the web and a consultation with a Clinique consultant.

I went to the Dr last week to discuss my cycle expecting some reassurance but instead I have been referred for tests.

I had a blood test on Wednesday, the form had 4 different codes on which I wish I had written down now so I could research what exactly they are testing for!

I have an ultrasound appointment on 4th July.

My Dr suggested PCOS and I am grateful I am being checked out so quickly but it is a worry. I goggled PCOS and Rosacea wondering if there might be a link and found this website. I think I will be visiting often!

I am 31 in August and ALL my friends are either pregnant and/or have babies.

Hope to get some replies with peoples experiences and thoughts on my case...

Thanks all x

MaryMotherOfGod Fri 19-Jun-09 19:34:07

just bumping your thread for you

HellsNB Fri 19-Jun-09 19:40:03

Thank you!

HellsNB Mon 22-Jun-09 12:58:08

I have to telephone for my blood test results at 2pm... feeling anxious now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now