Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

CAFFIENE

(6 Posts)
chezie Thu 12-May-05 16:09:44

Anyone had caffiene cravings during pregnancy? I am 6wks pg with 3rd child and during my 1st 2 pregnancys i couldnt stop drinking coke. I am trying hard not to drink coke. can it affect the baby?

Gwenick Thu 12-May-05 16:12:10

don't think you're 'supposed' to drink too much caffeind - but if it's any consoloation the ONLY thing I drank for the first 4 months of pg with DS1 was strong black coffee (no sugar either!) as it was all we had in the house - there's nothing wrong with him

Flumpette Sat 14-May-05 08:44:12

Be strong and don't give in to the caffeine urge. It really isn't recommended especially in early stages. Mind over matter. I really would like a glass of wine but wouldn't dream of it as my baby is no 1 importance. Preach, Preach!

hoxtonchick Sat 14-May-05 09:16:15

there was a study published in the last couple of years saying that caffeine increased the risk of miscarriage. however you had to drink a lot of it (more than 8 cups of coffee a day i think)for this effect. so it's up to you, but a bit should be ok. i have been drinking coffee & diet coke througout my pregnancy. not loads, but i certainly haven't avoided it.

romilly Sat 14-May-05 14:18:27

dont do it - especially up to 12 weeks you shouldnt drink it.

Flumpette Sun 15-May-05 19:22:16

I know some mums to be do drink it but if anything did go amiss you'd never know if that was the cause and it would be very hard to live with I think. Hope all our comments have helped. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now