Talk

Advanced search

do clearblue and first response have a total monopoly on chemists? Can't I get any cheaper ones?

(11 Posts)
oranges Wed 10-Jun-09 09:57:13

I don't want to order online as its hard to be in for delivery, but i'm getting very annoyed at forking out a fortune. i don't want a hyper sensitive test- i can wait for a few weeks after a missed period b ut boots and superdrug just sell the really expensive tests.

Neeko Wed 10-Jun-09 11:29:08

Go to babymad. They deliver in a brown envelope that fits through the letter box.Very cheap too. Good luck.

AnarchyAunt Wed 10-Jun-09 11:35:28

Poundland, Home Bargains/B&M Bargains?

oranges Wed 10-Jun-09 12:55:12

thank you for those suggestions. i'm late and had a negative, and have miscarried before so am completely dithering over how long to wait before testing again.

Neeko Wed 10-Jun-09 13:29:13

Asda's own are also pretty accurate. Fingers crossed for you. It's so frightening after a miscarriage isn't it?

loulabellecelino Wed 10-Jun-09 13:41:05

Supermarkets all do their own brand for about £5 for 2 tests. Are every bit as reliable as FRER and clearblue, and just as sensitive.

Home bargains wilkinsons etc also do cheapie 2 for £1 tests, dont be put off by the price, they all do what they say on the tin, and if you are waiting until after you are late, they all will give a clear positive result if you are preggers.

Castiel Wed 10-Jun-09 13:46:01

Supermarkets, Poundland, Warehouse Clearance places, Wilkos etc. A test is a test is a test. And Ebay tests (nowt wrong with them btw) come in a little brown envelope that fits through the letterbox, usually the next day too.

OrmIrian Wed 10-Jun-09 13:47:46

Or take a sample to Superdrug and get the pharmacist to do it. I can't remember how much it is but it's is much cheaper iirc.

Peabody Wed 10-Jun-09 14:02:22

Ebay tests are really really cheap - you can get something like 50 for a fiver iirc.

oranges Wed 10-Jun-09 18:54:56

I'm worried though that having 50 tests will make me slightly obsessive about testing. thank you for bearing with me. I'm just fretting.

Divvy Wed 10-Jun-09 18:58:53

Its 25 for £5 wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now