Talk

Advanced search

TTC after 3 MC in a row - moral support!

(5 Posts)
hopingalways Tue 09-Jun-09 18:04:15

Hello ladies,

Just found out I've had my third MC in 6 months. No kids already and not sure about the prospects of there ever being kids! It's going to be a rocky couple of years ahead as my DH and I go through all the tests, invasive medical procedures, maybe more failed attempts, IVF, trying to adopt etc etc. At the same time I share an office with an 80% female team, at least 10 of whom are on maternity leave or breezing round with their baby bumps at any given time. So feeling completely on my own, as everyone I know who has had a miscarriage has babies now!

I figure I can't be alone and all you ladies (and gents?) out there in our position must need a e-hug as much as we do! So how about we all get together in cyberspace to help each other through this?

mermaidspurse Tue 09-Jun-09 19:42:08

hello, didn't want to leave you unanswered hopingalways It's a lonely place so have a hug - the only tiny insy winsy infintesimal silver lining in a 3rd mc is you do get all the tests.
I have had 4 mc now but thank my lucky stars every second of the day that I have a nearly 8year old ds.
You must be emotionally and physically destroyed after having so many losses in so short a time.
Have you been given an appointment with the recurrent mc clinic yet? They will take your history, bloods etc, probaby from both you and dh.
If it helps come over to our emmsys onwards and upwards thread. We are all recovering mc, trying again, having every test and procedure under the sun and then some. Lots of support, advice and giggles.
It helps to feel that you are not alone, we all know the feeling of the pregnant office all too well.
Wishing you all the luck in the worldsmilexx

bergs Tue 09-Jun-09 22:29:26

I know how you feel, I've had two confirmed mc in the last year and one that I also was sure about. I am now being looked after by lovely consultant at a recurrent miscarriage clinic. I to am surrounded by pregnant women and having just turned 35 I'm feeling very pants. But I did have a positive pregnancy test last week. It's very surreal as I should be excited but all I am doing is repeating the pg tests every few days and checking myself every time I go to the loo. Hubby thinks I'm losing it. I'm hoping for an early scan, but I'm not having any symptoms at all. My point is ( and I do have one) is that you're not alone, it will work itself out one way or another. My new neighbours have two gorgeous children, both adopted at under 3yrs, so there are always lots of options. I do know that it just doesn't feel like it at the moment. Take care lady

hopingalways Wed 10-Jun-09 16:54:26

mermaid I have taken up your good advice, see you on emmsys onwards and upwards

bergs ooh good luck! Really hoping this time it works out for you and your dh. and you aren't alone either

mermaidspurse Wed 10-Jun-09 17:33:36

smilehoping and good luck to you too bergsxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now