Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

*BFP*

(9 Posts)
chezie Tue 10-May-05 12:02:54

I have 2 childen, eldest 4.6, youngest 11mths. Eldest conceived after 6 months of trying, youngest after 2.6 yrs trying and 4 cycles of clomid. I didnt think I would get pg again without clomid, but here I am 6 wks pg. I'm chuffed to bits as I only wanted a small age gap between first 2 children, but i am slightly worried as my youngest still doesnt sleep through the night. What makes it more amazing that i conceived is that I am still BFeeding (baby wont stop, especially at night) and had only had 4 AF before finding I was pg. Does anyone have any advice on coping with 2 children under 2 yrs and a 5 yr old ( ages they will be when younges is born) thanks

Gobbledigook Tue 10-May-05 12:05:12

Congratulations!!

No particular advice only 'don't worry'!! You'll be fine and you'll find a way to cope - you'll find a way to fit the new baby into your routine though you may have to re-jig a bit! I had ds3 last August and had a 21 month old and 3.5 yr old at the time! It's hard work, don't get me wrong, but it's great fun and you soon find your feet as you've done it all twice before! At least you'll have one in school (though I can imagine the school run will become more fun!).

NomDePlume Tue 10-May-05 12:05:55

congrats

Rachey1969 Tue 10-May-05 12:18:35

Congratulations! When my dd was born, my ds1 was 4years 2 months (in half day nursery) and ds2 ws 23 months. You will cope fine - everything will be second nature and if you just assume the baby will fit in, they will! They have so much to watch and do that they don't have time to cry and get fed up IMHO. Yes it's hard work but a lot of fun too and they are great company for each other. Try to synchronise sleeps and only make 1 meal for all - no time for fussy eaters! You need a quite firm structure to your day (and the school run will give you one!) and don't take any nonsense, just get on with what you want to do or you'll never leave the house! Kids feel secure with a routine, they know where they are and what's coming next. You'll need a double buggy - side by side is best cos they can entertain each other and the other tandems are so heavy. Go out a lot and damn the housework, it can't get any worse! The only difficult bit was when she was newborn and the other two fussed over her, I had to take her to the loo with me! They are now 11, 9 and 7 - best friends and worst enemies, a real little gang and I am 6 wks pg with number 4!

chezie Tue 10-May-05 14:32:31

Rachey1969, you have done my head in... I had thought of a double buggy but thought the tandems would be better for access to shops etc... but i like the thought of the children sitting side by side and entertaining one another. also which one would fold up better to put in the boot of the car? I hope it doesnt send me over the edge . My main concerns are getting out, getting to school on time and getting them all to sleep
So Rachey1969 you should be due same time as me... beginning of January

AngelCakeUmm Tue 10-May-05 14:35:20

CONGRATULATIONS Chezie what fab news i will see you on the Jan 06 thread goodluck

Rachey1969 Tue 10-May-05 14:49:30

Oh yes, you're 6 wks too! Tandems are really heavy - all the weight is in front of you - really hard to get up and down kerbs. Give both types a test drive - but with two kids in them though! I bought an old fashioned mamas n papas double from a mum at the school. These days I think they are slimmer still. I did manage to get in most shops - and caused a fuss if I didn't and asked for help! eg my newly built doctor's surgery! You can usually get in anywhere a wheelchair could. Erm, the car boot is an issue, depends on your car really, but some doubles are not much bigger/heavier than a lot of the single pram/pushchairs. At one point I had to get all 3 to ds1 school am, 2 up to school for ds2 nursery at lunchtime, then baby up to school and the other two back down again pm! Phew...Luckily I could walk em to school and if they fell asleep so much the better. I haven't gone (quite) over the edge yet!

chezie Tue 10-May-05 14:54:03

thank you all for great advice, it sounds to me like there is no time for anything else but taking kids to school, nursery etc... I cant wait..

Rachey1969 Tue 10-May-05 15:04:10

That's why you really need a good routine (sorry to sound like supernanny) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EVER DO HOUSEWORK WHILE THEY ARE ASLEEP and that's an order, you must find time for yourself and for you and dp together (ie no housework after 8pm - imagine you've employed yourself as your own nanny!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: