Talk

Advanced search

Trying for February baby?

(172 Posts)
StarryEyed Tue 10-May-05 09:47:42

Hi

I am new to Mumsnet and was wondering if any Mumsnet users trying for a baby would like to chat. I have a dd who is 2 and want another baby desperately. I have only been trying for one month and thought I was pregnant last month but was wrong. I got pregnant within a month with dd and thought the same would happen again. Could use some baby dust.

fastasleep Tue 10-May-05 09:49:09

There are some great trying to concieve threads with people just like you on them - there's the order your baby here.com thread and the TTC number errr....20 something thread too!

StarryEyed Tue 10-May-05 09:53:27

Hi FastAsleep

Wasn't expecting such a quick response. Thank you. Everyone in the threads I've seen so far seem to know each other so well - I was hoping I could build up a little network of Mumsnet friends too . Are you trying?

StarryEyed Tue 10-May-05 09:53:47

Hi FastAsleep

Wasn't expecting such a quick response. Thank you. Everyone in the threads I've seen so far seem to know each other so well - I was hoping I could build up a little network of Mumsnet friends too . Are you trying?

StarryEyed Tue 10-May-05 09:54:16

Woops! Didn't mean to post msg twice!!

starlover Tue 10-May-05 09:54:27

starryeyed... we're all obsessed with MN, you will be as well soon... that's how come you get such quick responses

I am not trying myself, but I am sure you will soon find yourself with a fab circle of new friends!

piffle Tue 10-May-05 11:11:11

try the www.oderyourbabyhere.com thread, it's had lots of postiive results this month or ttc 21 - you find you get involved and to know everyone really fast, we're all really friendly too?
Piff who has been ttc no 3 for ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StarryEyed Tue 10-May-05 11:37:58

Fantastic, will do. I find the waiting very hard work. I kept saying last month I won't get my hopes up but of course I did and was very down when AF arrived. Will be nice to share the trials and tribulations with a bunch of other girls in the same situation.

piffle Tue 10-May-05 11:42:36

I know I conceived both my kids literally overnight! It took us 14 mths to conceive last yr but I had an ectopic and lost a tube.
So now am back trying since Feb and even though I should know better I cannot help obsessing about it!
Good luck hope to see you in the ttc chat boards!

desperatehousewife Sun 22-May-05 16:41:06

hello starryeyed,

Iv'e got a nearly 3 year old and we are at the stage now where we want to try and get preg again. I'll be your trying to conceive friend!

This is our first month of 'trying' (I hate that expression!).

StarryEyed Thu 26-May-05 13:25:39

Hi desperatehousewife

Sorry didn't see your msg as I have been on the wewantaspringbaby thread. My DH is 2 and a bit so would like things to happen quickly. I have been trying for 2 months. Due to test next week so fingers crossed. I came off the pill in April so I don't know whether that is going to affect me.

Toothache Thu 26-May-05 13:59:35

Starreyed - I'm not even trying to conceive and I'm posting on your thread! That's how obsessed I am!

Good luck.

StarryEyed Thu 26-May-05 15:20:18

Hey Toothache

Thanks v m. I am starting to get obsessed. I wanted to start trying earlier but my DH wasn't keen. So now that we are I want things to happen asap but it doesn't always work that way does it?

desperatehousewife Thu 26-May-05 15:25:07

God, you are talking to the right lady re: obsessive - I get totally obsessive when I think I might be pregnant. This is the first month we have actively 'tried' though. So like you, need to wait to test next week...and the waiting is driving me insane

StarryEyed Fri 27-May-05 11:35:18

Hi desperatehousewife

When is your AF due. Mine is 3 June so I am going to leave it a few days before testing. Last thing I want is a BFN. When are you going to test?

It is so nice to have someone to chat to who is where I am in the TTC game. I am also terrified that if I get pregnant I might have a M/C. Had one at 5 weeks before I had my DD. Also recovering from hyper thyroid - doctor has given me the all clear and I have been off the medication since Jan so fingers crossed.

Diddle Fri 27-May-05 13:22:04

starryeyed - i am ttc for February, ovulating at the moment, so DH is seeing plenty of action.
If we conceive this month then it will be due mid Feb, i can't wait to start testing.
This will be our third attempt at pregnancy, had 2 miscarriages already this year, so we're hoping for a positive result then a long and uneventful pregnancy. We have only been trying since last september, so plenty time yet.
Fingers crossed for you, good luck

StarryEyed Fri 27-May-05 16:27:59

Diddle

Sorry to hear about your two m/cs. I hope you get a BFP really soon.

My sis is pregnant with her first 7 weeks only and I think it will be lovely for both of us to be pregnant at the same time.

Can't wait for next week but I don't feel pregnant. But then again I didn't feel pregnant with DD

Diddle Fri 27-May-05 16:49:03

starryeyed - fingers crossed for you, let this month be our month. it would be lovely for you have babies close together.
have a good weekend

diddle

desperatehousewife Fri 27-May-05 17:01:17

Hi Starry,

AF due on Tuesday....I knew the second I got preg with DS and I got preg really easily - I was so lucky. This time round, I just think there is no way It's going to happen so easily again. Also don't feel preg - except a bit bleugh sometimes - but pretty sure it's all in my mind. A few months back I could have laid money on the fact that i was preg - had every symptom going - but AF came with a vengance bang on time. Oh well.

I have done 2 tests already (yesterday and the day before) because I am sadly obsessive and have the patience of a child!

StarryEyed Tue 31-May-05 14:43:13

Hi desperatehousewife

Pls let me know how you are getting on. My AF is due on Fri. I am getting very anxious about it. Don't want to be disheartened again IYKWIM.

desperatehousewife Tue 31-May-05 14:56:23

Still getting negatives on the old preg tests. Feel very disheartened and crap today. AF due today. Don't think i'm preg .

How are you doing Starryeyed?

StarryEyed Tue 31-May-05 17:01:37

As long as your AF does not arrive there is still hope. I know how you feel. I so desperately want to get pregnant that it is heartbreaking having to wait for 3 weeks before AF arrives again. And we haven't even been trying for long. Let's keep fingers crossed for you. It is particularly maddening when like you I fell pregnant so easily the first time round.

desperatehousewife Tue 31-May-05 20:46:28

Starry, I take my hat off to you for not testing until the end of the week. I wish I could have been more controlled! I seem to enjoy throwing money down the drain .

Stay cool, and keep me updated
x

Slink Tue 31-May-05 21:06:14

Hi i come on these off an on been trying for about 3yrs have a dd4 have finally been refered to the fertility clinic just waiting for appt. been told i am 34 and trying for that long means something wrong erhhh derrrr what have i been saying. tried for 1 yr for dd. Done my tears back on the if it is meant to be it will be.
Have my af now so hey ho !!!!!!!

Slink Wed 01-Jun-05 09:58:29

Killed this thread where next..................

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now