Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

lumpy boobs - pg or cancer or what?

(6 Posts)
MumOnaMission Mon 09-May-05 13:49:29

I can remember with my first dd that tender boobs were my first symptom and started even before missed AF but I can't remember if they went hard.
Boob went very hard yesterday and family history of breast cancer so went to doctors this morning but he has not set my mind at rest at all. Told him we are ttc but only had a period about 2 weeks ago so he said I "shouldn't" be pregnant. Well as far as I'm concerned I could be "just" pregnant. Anyway he felt the lump and said it was a lumpy area anyway and he didn't think it was cancer. He has referred me to the hospital but not as an urgent case so it could be a few weeks. I have had this before where I know something is amiss and the doctors have just dismissed it and I now don't trust them - I know my boob does not normally feel like this. So anyway, do your boobs go hard when you're pg?

Chuffed Mon 09-May-05 15:34:11

Mine were 'fuller' and tender when first pregnant.

I agree trust your instincts as nobody knows your body like you do!

AngelCakeUmm Mon 09-May-05 15:45:54

I have just found out i a pg and my boobs are more Fuller as chuffed has said. They are not lumpy but they feel swollen and sore. I also think maybe get a second opinion if your not happy

handlemecarefully Mon 09-May-05 15:47:02

With family history i think he should be referring more urgently

handlemecarefully Mon 09-May-05 15:53:07

haven't read this but it might be useful:

breast cancer referrals

I can't get the specific page up with my link but if you click on cancer type (top left) and then choose breast you can go from there

MumOnaMission Mon 09-May-05 16:39:16

The article is helpful in that it tells me it's not unusual to wait a few weeks for an appointment and it doesn't generally have adverse effects.

Thanks for your replies girls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now