Talk

Advanced search

tesco cheap pregnancy tests

(6 Posts)
tostaky Wed 03-Jun-09 08:40:39

i got these from last year when i was TTC for a first baby.
Now, i've lost the explanations for the results...
when you are pregnant you get a line in each window or a cross and a line?

i dont have any PG symptoms so not too hopeful...

Kaylo Wed 03-Jun-09 08:52:06

Hi tostaky - How are you today?
I googled tesco pg kits and this is what it told me...

There are two windows- the pee basically takes that couple of minutes to travel up the stick inside the plastic (I imagine the principle is capilliary action) and the farther window away is the test window, which obviously has some HCG (or other positive test triggering thing) impregnated in the stick at that point so once the pee reaches it, a line in it turns pink. It has travelled through the other window to get there. On its way, it will leave a pink line in the first window if you are pregnant, and leave it blank if you are not.

Hope this helps and hope its a BFP for you!!

tostaky Wed 03-Jun-09 08:54:50

i didnt do the test today but a few days ago ... and i kept wondering...

off to the chemist to buy another one..
if i am pg, it must have been from when i was still on the pill...

happyjules Wed 03-Jun-09 08:55:54

have used these and a positive is two lines,one in each window. I had a positive with this one hth

tostaky Wed 03-Jun-09 09:24:38

clearly not pregnant! it must have been one of those tests where you get a cross instead of a second line for a positive.

£4.95 for one test at the chemist! I really have to stock up next time i go to tesco!

Kaylo Wed 03-Jun-09 09:39:09

or you could eBay them?

I get mine in bulk and I think they're about £1.50 for 10. And your ID is private too (if that even matters ) They're the dip variety.

fingers crossed for a BFP in the not too distant future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now