Talk

Advanced search

How soon did your cycle settle down after coming off the Pill?

(7 Posts)
Kentishwoman Wed 03-Jun-09 08:38:52

The first time I came off the Pill (after 17 years blush) I had a completely normal, ovulatory cycle immediately, and conceived DS the second month. I've just stopped taking it again, to TTC2, and things haven't been so straightforward. My last withdrawal bleed was about 45 days ago and I've been keeping a symptothermal chart ever since. In that time, I've had the full range of CM, including a couple of patches of EWCM, but haven't been able to detect any temperature shift. Around CD35 I started a bit of bleeding, so I thought aha!, my AF has arrived, but all I got was 2 days of extremely light brownish discharge (a bit like you get on the last day of your AF), and then it stopped again.

Just wondering what other people's experiences were like? And how long before I should start being a bit worried about my fertility? (BTW I'm 33)

amyboo Wed 03-Jun-09 08:51:43

Have you done a pregnancy test? Just asking cos when I got pregnant I had 2 days of spotting, a bit like what you describe. It turned out to be implantation bleeding.... My cycle went entirely back to normal after coming off the pill - 28 days exactly, and I got pregnant on my 2nd cycle. Had a MMC at 13 weeks, but still...

Ozziegirly Wed 03-Jun-09 11:53:07

I'll let you know. It's CD 28 for me after coming off the pill. I have had no symptoms at all and don't feel even vaguely like AF will arrive tomorrow.

I was expecting mood swings, cramps, at least something ....

tostaky Wed 03-Jun-09 12:12:31

The first time i stopped the pill i had 2-days light brownish discharge which were my periods and I got pregnant a few days later.

Now im ttc-ing for number two and i havent had any CM or EWCM or any kind of discharge at all... i test everyday with opk and still nothing, im on CD13...

pinkmook Fri 05-Jun-09 11:08:28

it took mine 12 months to settle into a normal pattern. I am 33 also BTW

Kentishwoman Fri 05-Jun-09 13:21:07

Thanks, I'm glad it's not just me! I'm definitely not pregnant - I took a test this morning, just in case. I'm just hoping that I get some sort of regular pattern this month. Good luck to the rest of you who are also trying.

sinpan Fri 05-Jun-09 13:38:50

Same here 12 months if not longer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now