Talk

Advanced search

Hmmm not sure how to ask this but... (possible TMI alert)

(17 Posts)
monkeybumsmum Mon 01-Jun-09 11:22:52

Does anyone get aching bones underneath where your fanjo is during AF?

Have always had it slightly when AF is at it's heaviest, but for the last couple of months it's starting 2/3 days before AF and gets progressively worse. At full flow it feels like I've been beaten between my legs with a baseball bat blush

Does anyone know what it is or what it could be? Anyone else get this or am I just a weirdo? hmm

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 01-Jun-09 12:16:28

It may not be so much your bones but aching due to the uterus contracting when AF is on.

If periods continue to be consistently painful I would get this looked into further by a gynaecologist. Endometriosis is a possible cause.

girlandboy Mon 01-Jun-09 12:18:14

I get this, and always have had.

Fanjo feels like it's been kicked, really achey and draggy.

Don't know what it is, but you are not alone.

girlandboy Mon 01-Jun-09 12:18:41

Oh, and I haven't got endometriosis.

stillstanding Mon 01-Jun-09 13:30:01

Very common, I think. The area feels just quite ... heavy.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 01-Jun-09 14:26:13

Endometriosis is a common cause of heavy and painful periods. I would seek medical advice if this continues; its not something to put up with.

islandlassie Mon 01-Jun-09 14:33:03

This happened to me first during labour with my son and now happens occasionally when AF has arrived.

luckywinner Mon 01-Jun-09 14:39:04

Yes, me! But only since having my first dc. It hurts, a lot.

Tulia Mon 01-Jun-09 14:40:53

yes its a dragging / heavy sensation

suwoo Mon 01-Jun-09 14:42:45

I get it and I get achey thighs at the inside top aswell. It is worse since I've had children and have a prolapse but I've always had it every month. Distinctly remember having it as a teenager too as early as 13/14.

Tulia Mon 01-Jun-09 14:54:04

yes i remember having it as a young girl (11/12 yrs) and wondering what it was.
it has got worse since having children though

monkeybumsmum Mon 01-Jun-09 15:38:06

Ooh gosh, lots of replies, thanks!

Am glad to know I'm not alone smile Mine's definately got worse since having ds, and thinking about it, my thighs ache too suwoo. How strange.

Attila, thanks for the concern smile I don't think I have endometriosis - I had a partial molar pregnancy last year and as part of the all-clear I had to have a scan where my gynae checked my endometrium. He would have been able to see a problem then wouldn't he? I have always had very heavy and painful AF's since they first started in my teens. Before ds I would often throw up during them too, but that's eased since he was born. It's just this weird feeling that's so awful.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 01-Jun-09 15:43:50

Endometriosis is usually only diagnosed through laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery. No ultrasound scan or blood test will detect its prescence if it is there.

The thigh pain can be due to the sciatic nerve - I used to get that very badly as well in both legs.

I have also have had heavy and painful AFs since teens; the cause of this in my case at least was endo. It is a possibility that cannot be ruled out.

monkeybumsmum Mon 01-Jun-09 15:44:59

Thanks Attila, will defo mention it to gynae then next time I see him.

monkeybumsmum Mon 01-Jun-09 18:13:06

One more question Attila (hope you don't mind!) - I've just been reading up on the symptoms of endo, and I saw getting brown blood was one of them. I presume you can have brown blood during AF even if you don't have endo? I always get it at the beginning and the end, in fact this month am still getting lots of it, and am on CD4. Do you think this is relevent?

monkeybumsmum Mon 01-Jun-09 18:20:13

Plus I also get pelvic pain, like a burning inside my hips. Went to the doctor years ago for it and they poo-poo'd me away. I don't get it much now, but it's defo still there.

I'm not normally the sort of person that convinces themselves they have symptoms, but this has started ringing alarm bells sad I'd never even considered this before.

eleveld Tue 02-Jun-09 09:02:44

I have severe endo. Have had laparoscopy and laparotomy in the past.

I get large endometrial cysts which can always be seen on an ultasound scan. In fact I had the last one yesterday whoch quite clearly showed several large cysts.

The brown blood is 'older' blood which can be another symptom of endo but not always.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now