Talk

Advanced search

What the F*** is going on?

(12 Posts)
Tootiredforthis Thu 28-May-09 20:18:16

Excuse the extreme title. I am a very knackered mother of two and do not wish to extend my family! My usual cycle is 23-25 days and this has been regular for the past year even though I still have the joy of breastfeeding my 2 year old to sleep at night! (the myths about self weaning seem to be just that!)
I had normal start of period on 1st May. Then on 9th May suddenly came again..had a couple of days of light pink loss, then a day of still light, but needed to wear a towel red loss, then pink again..like a mini period..lasted approx 4 days. This is very unusual for me, in fact unheard of!It was more than spotting.
We did have unprotected on 1st and 2nd May as period was in full and heavy flow. (nice details eh?!) Sorry to gross everybody out.
Now here we are on 27th and no period.
I did the obvious and did a Tescos cheap and cheerfull test which was negative yesterday. I then made the mistake of holding it up to the light this morning and there was a very, very, very faint pink line..though this is 15 hours after the test was done. Does the dye show up a bit anyway a long time afterwards?. Please tell me there is no chance I can be pregnant.
I have all the usual pmt signs which nicely double as pregnancy signs so thats no help! Reassurance or horror stories please!

Tootiredforthis Thu 28-May-09 21:02:14

Any one? I have until the end of Britains got talent to check computer then it's being taken over!!!!

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Thu 28-May-09 21:09:21

Ive heard of evaporation lines, but dont think they are pink. Sorry, Im not much help, someone will be along soon.

Neeko Thu 28-May-09 21:10:49

sounds like an evaporation line to me. Can you do another test tomorrow?

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Thu 28-May-09 21:11:34

There seems to be a lot of threads lately about lines after the time slot and they are all TESCO tests..... hmm

Try testing with a CB digital, that way it will clearly say one way or other.

Think evaporation lines are clear.

Neeko Thu 28-May-09 21:11:56

Meant to say I've had a pink evaporation line in the past

Tootiredforthis Thu 28-May-09 21:22:39

This sounds very good news for me personally. Maybe I should pop an email to Tescos!

Kaylo Thu 28-May-09 22:47:20

I agree with plantaseed

do another test just to be sure

Divvy Fri 29-May-09 14:15:29

I had my tesco one go pink after the allowed time, I was pregnant!

Neeko Fri 29-May-09 20:37:00

Did you test again? We need to know smile

doulalc Fri 29-May-09 23:11:08

There is always a chance, but during your period is one of the least likely times to get pregnant.

Try another test, but definitely only read the results within the required time....anything else could be a false reading, you would have to test again anyway to confirm the results.

Tootiredforthis Mon 01-Jun-09 18:11:56

Didn't need to test again! Definately not pregnant and now looking into more permanant method of contraception! (celibacy?!!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now