Talk

Advanced search

OPK positive after ovulation - and pcos stuff

(4 Posts)
yellowflowers Thu 28-May-09 16:32:33

Hi,

I have pcos. I know OPKs are worse than useless and I know they are no good at all for people with pcos as pcos can lead to multiple LH surges. However...

I got some free OPK sticks. Last Fri it was positive. According to temperature I ovulated on Sat (6 consecutive rises since then). Also had scan at hospital on Tues and showed follicle that had probably just ovulated. So add all that together and safe to say I ovulated on the weekend.

Today I decided to pee on one of the spare ovulation sticks and it was a very strong positive - stronger than the Friday one even.

I know women with pcos get multiple surges but presumably this is just up until ovulation and not after ovulation has taken place. Or is it?

Any thoughts?

xx

Neeko Thu 28-May-09 20:13:35

This happened to me last month and I was told that sometimes you have two LH surges. The advise is to stop testing when you get a positive. Your temps suggest that you've already ovulated but one last try couldn't hurt wink
<<whispers -opks react when you're pg too - is it too early for that?>>
Good luck!

Neeko Thu 28-May-09 20:14:13

I meant advice blush

Sinople Mon 25-Jul-11 23:24:58

Where you pregnant?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now